11240Re: Trouble with DiversionScripts

  • kultcha
    Feb 2, 2006
      Thanks Robert, trouble fixed!

      Actually, I mistyped the script location. The wiki says diversion
      scripts should be in /share/hdd/conf/unslung, but DO NOT WORK there
      (on 5.5). They DO WORK in /share/hdd/data/unslung, as you said.
      The telnetd script works as advertized.

      Also note, the scripts do not work if end-of-lines have CR-LF,
      but must only have LF (yes, I know that's a given, but anyway :)

      My dnsmasq script was mistakenly calling another script that was
      already getting called at boot-time, so that had unrelated issues.

      Cheers,
      bq

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, Robert Hammond <rob.hammond@...>
      wrote:

      > In message <drr9qn+eulv@...>, kultcha <rcq@...> writes
      > >hi all,
      > >
      > >I've created two diversion scripts (rc.local and rc.xinetd)
      > >and put them /share/hdd/unslung with permissions matching those
      > >in /etc/rc.d, but without affect.
      > If you are running Unslung 5.5 and you have unslung to the hard
      disk
      > then they need to go in /share/hdd/data/unslung (that is where
      mine
      > are).
      > Not too sure if the Wiki pages show this but you will find with
      5.5 that
      > this is the same folder as /unslung. Using the full path is the
      best
      > way to guarantee that you don't accidentally put your scripts in a
      flash
      > ram folder which was quite easy with previous versions of the
      firmware.

      > The permission settings for my scripts are chmod 0755.
      >

      > >Can anyone make a suggestion? Any boot log that I can check?
      > >
      > >Here they are:
      > >----rc.xinetd to start telnetd (taken verbatim from the wiki)----
      > >#! /bin/sh
      > >if ( [ ! -f /etc/inetd.conf ] || !(grep telnetd /etc/inetd.conf -
      > >q) ) then
      > >echo "telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/telnetd"
      > >fi
      > >return 1
      > >
      > >----rc.local-----
      > >#! /bin/sh
      > >/opt/etc/init.d/S56dnsmasq --addn-hosts=/etc/new_hosts
      > >return 1
      > >
      > >thanks much,
      > >bq
      > >

      > >Yahoo! Groups Links