11206Re: Can I use a 256 MB CF card for unslinging to?

  • dustinemptyspace
    Jan 31, 2006
      If the card-reader is not an all-in-one device (a device which reads
      many different types of cards) but has only one slot for the CF cards,
      than it should be no problem.
      I never tested suvh solution, but in my opinion it should work fine.

      What do you intend to do with the FTDI USB device interface unit? Do
      you want to drive a FPGA and realize a multiprocessor NSLU2?

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Gregg C Levine"
      <hansolofalcon@w...> wrote:

      > Hello from Gregg C Levine
      > (First of, the standard disclaimer: I am a user of Linux, on the
      > desktop. My NSLU2 is still "on order" as the outfit who is trying to
      > send it to me has it on a very long backorder. They are talking about
      > March or April.)
      >
      > I have here a CF reader. It was originally intended for people to use
      > to retrieve their pictures from the card rather then via the usual
      > methods for the camera.
      >
      > That being said, can I use a 256 MB CF card in that for the same
      > purposes as a HD unit for unslung to? The notes in the Wiki regarding
      > memory sticks and the NSLU2 are quite easy to follow. However I
      > decided to ask this question here.
      >
      > I should also mention that there is an article in the January issue of
      > Linux Journal that covers using an NSLU2 as a media server, MP3 files
      > in fact, and it covers the whole purpose of swapping stock firmware
      > for one of the ones discussed on the site, and here.
      >
      > And another question, since my work is such as that described below,
      > should I be selecting the other replacement firmware rather then the
      > one I've described?
      >
      > I should also add that since my purposes for using everything
      > described here is for an experiment concerning the FTDI USB device
      > interface unit that was described here last week. In my case I will be
      > ordering a pre-built unit from Mouser, in case anyone is curious.
      >
      > Rod, if you wish when, and if, this whole business works I would be
      > delighted to write it up for a success page for the home pages.
      > ---
      > Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@w...
      > ---
      > "Remember the Force will be with you. Always." Obi-Wan Kenobi

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic