    Dec 24, 2005
      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Rod Whitby" <list.nslu2-
      linux@r...> wrote:

      > On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 13:15:10 -0800, "Frederic Wenzel" <fred@o...>
      > said:
      > > I already added a note to the "Spindown USB harddrives" wiki page
      > > before, by the way.
      >
      > Great, thanks.
      >
      > -- Rod

      Followed fredericiana's blog. Albeit, did not need to insert the
      spin-down kernel patch as it currently is building off the unstable
      head and the scsi-idle kernel patch appears inserted during the
      build process. I've also installed the ipkg from the yahoo files.
      reflashed with the new ".img" image file. Still, I attempt to do an
      immediate scsi-idle or scsi-stop on any of four different USB
      enclosures to no avail. Doesn't come back with any errors, just
      doesn't spin down. Disks are WDC and Seagate in case it matters.

      I'd be curious if anyone else has had this problem or if there is a
      fix?

      Thanks!
      -
      JR