10141Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: Video from a Slug?

  • Brian Wood
    Dec 5, 2005
      I'd looked at this previously. The 11Mb wireless would be somewhat
      limiting for video, leaving the 10/100 port as the only viable
      possibility.

      This makes it somewhat similar to the Hauppauge MVP, which seems to
      have an open-source following. I've seen references to using the MVP
      to play back video streamed from a slug.

      Not a real video console solution though, and the WMA11B might be a
      better solution for non-MPEG video. I will certainly watch what
      happens with the device with keen interest.

      I can already make video by using an external networked device
      however, by using VNC. I'd really like a simple USB-to-VGA adapter
      and I'll continue to keep an eye out for one.

      I took delivery of a new 32" LCD TV today. It has a USB "input" that
      the manual says absolutely nothing about. I suspect it might be
      simply for control, but it is located with the other video inputs ????

      Much thanks for thinking of me and my wants.

      On Dec 5, 2005, at 8:30 PM, jkpeters_37 wrote:

      > Check out my previous post concerning the $30 Linksys WMA11B as a
      > possible way to provide video out to a slug.
      >
      > jkp
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic