10101Re: [nslu2-linux] Re: newbie post - ipkg hangs

  • CompBrain
    Dec 1, 2005
      Hey There,
      Im resposible for the openhelp server:
      It seems that the hosting company is having network hardware issues, and I will poke them again to get it resolved ASAP.
      Thanks,
      ~Will

      On 12/1/05, brunobinet <brunobinet@...> wrote:
      I have the same problem, and i don't know how to do to make it work.
      We may wait until that server is up...

      Bruno

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey K. Burns"
      <admiraljkb@e...> wrote:

      > One of the ipkg servers is offline:
      > ipkg-us-openhelp.nslu2-linux.org... 72.21.37.42
      >
      > If you don't land on that server, then your packages download,
      > otherwise it appears to hang, actually it'll time out eventually.
      > I've been using ipkg install -verbose_wget in order to get some better
      > diags.
      >
      > My crude workaround attempt to fool the servers by changing the ip
      > address for the above server to a working ipkg server in the hosts
      > file didn't work.  Not sure what else to do.   On large packages with
      > many dependencies, it makes it a bit more difficult.
      >
      > Anyone have a workaround for a dead ipkg feed?
      >
      > cheers
      > Jeff
      >

      > --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "pbernosky" <philip@b...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm (trying) to install apache into an unslung 5.5
      > >
      > > I've "ipkg unslung-feeds" succesfully, did the "ipkg update"
      > > succesfully.
      > >
      > > It at first seems to succeed - downloads apache just fine, then it
      > > goes to download apr-util and just hangs - never to return unless I
      > > hit ^C
      > >
      > > I've installed other packages successfully - not sure what's going on
      > > here.
      > >
      > > Can anyone help?
      > >
      > > pber

      Communication and networking Wireless communication and networking Linksys nslu2

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic