10091Re: newbie post - ipkg hangs

  • Jeffrey K. Burns
    Nov 30, 2005
      One of the ipkg servers is offline:
      ipkg-us-openhelp.nslu2-linux.org... 72.21.37.42

      If you don't land on that server, then your packages download,
      otherwise it appears to hang, actually it'll time out eventually.
      I've been using ipkg install -verbose_wget in order to get some better
      diags.

      My crude workaround attempt to fool the servers by changing the ip
      address for the above server to a working ipkg server in the hosts
      file didn't work. Not sure what else to do. On large packages with
      many dependencies, it makes it a bit more difficult.

      Anyone have a workaround for a dead ipkg feed?

      cheers
      Jeff

      --- In nslu2-linux@yahoogroups.com, "pbernosky" <philip@b...> wrote:

      > I'm (trying) to install apache into an unslung 5.5
      >
      > I've "ipkg unslung-feeds" succesfully, did the "ipkg update"
      > succesfully.
      >
      > It at first seems to succeed - downloads apache just fine, then it
      > goes to download apr-util and just hangs - never to return unless I
      > hit ^C
      >
      > I've installed other packages successfully - not sure what's going on
      > here.
      >
      > Can anyone help?
      >
      > pber

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic