Re: [nslu2-general] Genesys GL811E, CableSelect

  • Vladimir Panchenko
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27, 2005
      I had similar problems with GL811E-based inclosure from Sabrent regardless of select settings.

      Switched to Cypress based box - no problems at all.

      Vladimir

      hans_hartsuiker <hans_hartsuiker@...> wrote:

      I have an "USB 2.0 EXTERNAL ENCLOSURE" from Manhattan.
      (www.manhattan-support.com, for 2.5" IDE Hard Drive)).

      My HDD is a 2.5" Toshiba MK6025GAS 60GB, the chip is Genesys GL811E.

      Sometimes the drive is recognized and I can start formatting.
      This was never fully completed.

      So this case is NOT working.

      LinkSys support told me the HDD has to be jumpered to CableSelect.

      As my HDD is 2.5" it can only be jumpered to Master or Slave and not
      CableSelect.

      What I see is that the GL811E chip has a tri-state input CableSelect
      (CBLID_ , pin 12, 48pin chip).

      Did anybody try to change this input and test the result ?

      Best Regards,

      Hans Hartsuiker

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT