Re: [nslu2-general] ProFTPD help required

  • Robert Hammond
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 25 10:04 AM
      In message <009301c530c7$f2108040$5201a8c0@...>, Inge Bjørnvall
      Arnesen <i.b.arnesen@...> writes

      >Robert,
      >
      >I just heard that "passwd: compat" breaks OpenSSH (I use Dropbear) and there
      >can be more (I run with hardly any Linksys SW on my slug). I suggest you use
      >the minimum nsswitch.conf suggested on the wiki (like Unslung.AddPrinter):
      >
      >hosts: files dns
      >
      >It could be enough (I think so), since it is just for the library to map IP
      >and names.

      <Snip>

      I can confirm that an nsswitch.conf file with just the line hosts:
      files dns is enough for ProFTPD to work correctly in standalone
      mode.

      Had to re-flash to recover from this using the Downloadable Upgrade
      utility. I just need to set up some user security.
      --
      Robert Hammond
      PGP:0x154144DA
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 26 9:13 AM
        > I can confirm that an nsswitch.conf file with just the line
        > hosts: files dns is enough for ProFTPD to work correctly in
        > standalone
        > mode.

        That is good. Now documented on the wiki.

        > Had to re-flash to recover from this using the Downloadable Upgrade
        > utility. I just need to set up some user security.

        For whatever it is worth: I'm really sorry about that. I'll try to cover a
        Bart Simpson blackboard saying "I shall never again offer stupid advice that
        messes up other people's slugs." Hope you didn't lose much of value on the
        flash.

        best,

        -- Inge