Re: problem with built-in backup

  • sjwinick
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2004
      that was my working assumption as well. perhaps someone that has
      succeeded at using the built-in backup can give an example of
      exactly what has been put in the fields.

      my most recent suspicion, though, is that it isn't referring to the
      content of the form that we've filled in, but to the path that the
      program is using to store the job information either on the disk or
      elsewhere. does anyone know where the backup job information is
      stored? maybe that's the path that for some reason has a problem

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Noel <tnoel@m...> wrote:
      > I've consistently seen the same and assume it is a naming syntax
      error
      > on my part. I am trying to back-up a user folder on Mac OS X which
      is
      > shared for the user, but I must not be giving a correct path.
      >
      > Tom
      >

      > On Sep 1, 2004, at 9:05 PM, sjwinick wrote:
      >
      > > whenever i try to create a backup job in the nslu2, i get the
      error:

      > > "Error: Invalid job path."
      > >
      > > doesn't matter what parameters i've chosen. when i hit APPLY, i
      get
      > > this error. otherwise, by unit is behaving normally. has anyone
      > > seen this error or has a clue to what it is referring?
      > >
      > > thanks
    • minorroadskill
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2004
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "sjwinick" <swinick@t...> wrote:
        > that was my working assumption as well. perhaps someone that has
        > succeeded at using the built-in backup can give an example of
        > exactly what has been put in the fields.

        I have it working well in a push configuration.

        Name: ZDrive
        Backup Type: Synchronize
        Direction: push

        <On NSLU2>
        Share: z_drive
        SubFolder: <blank>

        <Other Device>
        Name: Aragorn
        Shared Folder: /backup

        If you are specifying a subfolder, then it's possible that a bug
        prevents it from working (based upon your error message), in which
        case I'd recommend creating a share for each folder you want to backup.

        Good luck,

        MinorRoadsKill
      • sjwinick
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2004
          thank you! you gave me the answer and it was simple. the share
          names need a forward slash. that's it !

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "minorroadskill"