Re: Super SLOW

  • dgyp@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 17, 2005
      I am getting very poor performance over wireless too. uPNP doesn't
      seem to do the trick, I've turned it off all over my network (I
      think, I'm not sure about a print server and my wireless bridge
      doesn't have a setting either (DWL-G810)).

      Anyway, I find that for uncompressed files - I made a 50GB text file
      it transfers at about 20Mbps. But compressed is all over the place,
      from 0.1 to 5 to 10 back to .2, etc (all Mbps).

      Since I want to store and transfer mp3s on this thing I am starting
      to think I spent a buttload of money on something that's not going
      to work. (Going wired isn't an option here...)

      DI-624 router, DWL-G810 bridge. And yes, I've seen some complaints
      about the router. No issues when I run a wire into the other room!

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "daviobrien" <daviobrien@y...>