openssh problem

  • pepesz76 @ o2
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 13 1:08 PM
      Hello everybody,

      I installed openssh (ipkg install openssh)
      I followed the HowTo:UseOpenSSHForRemoteAccess

      the sshd is working, however when connecting via PuTTY I got:

      ---CUT---
      login as: root
      Sent username "root"
      Trying public key authentication.
      Key is of wrong type (PuTTY SSH2 private key)
      root@192.168.1.77's password:
      ---CUT---

      What could be the reason ? what did I wrong?

      --
      Best regards,
      pepesz76 mailto:pepesz76@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 13 1:27 PM
        The key you have created (probably in puttygen) should be of type SSH1
        (selectable in puttygen). Dropbear accepts SSH2 keys, though. Due to
        reported lack of entropy on NSLU2 I suggest generating keys on our client.

        best,

        -- Inge