problem with built-in backup

  • sjwinick
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2004
      whenever i try to create a backup job in the nslu2, i get the error:

      "Error: Invalid job path."

      doesn't matter what parameters i've chosen. when i hit APPLY, i get
      this error. otherwise, by unit is behaving normally. has anyone
      seen this error or has a clue to what it is referring?

      thanks
    • Thomas Noel
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2004
        I've consistently seen the same and assume it is a naming syntax error
        on my part. I am trying to back-up a user folder on Mac OS X which is
        shared for the user, but I must not be giving a correct path.

        Tom

        On Sep 1, 2004, at 9:05 PM, sjwinick wrote:

        > whenever i try to create a backup job in the nslu2, i get the error:
        >
        > "Error: Invalid job path."
        >
        > doesn't matter what parameters i've chosen. when i hit APPLY, i get
        > this error. otherwise, by unit is behaving normally. has anyone
        > seen this error or has a clue to what it is referring?
        >
        > thanks
      • sjwinick
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2004
          that was my working assumption as well. perhaps someone that has
          succeeded at using the built-in backup can give an example of
          exactly what has been put in the fields.

          my most recent suspicion, though, is that it isn't referring to the
          content of the form that we've filled in, but to the path that the
          program is using to store the job information either on the disk or
          elsewhere. does anyone know where the backup job information is
          stored? maybe that's the path that for some reason has a problem

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Noel <tnoel@m...> wrote:
          > I've consistently seen the same and assume it is a naming syntax
          error
          > on my part. I am trying to back-up a user folder on Mac OS X which
          is
          > shared for the user, but I must not be giving a correct path.
          >
          > Tom
          >

          > On Sep 1, 2004, at 9:05 PM, sjwinick wrote:
          >
          > > whenever i try to create a backup job in the nslu2, i get the
          error:

          > > "Error: Invalid job path."
          > >
          > > doesn't matter what parameters i've chosen. when i hit APPLY, i
          get
          > > this error. otherwise, by unit is behaving normally. has anyone
          > > seen this error or has a clue to what it is referring?
          > >
          > > thanks
        • minorroadskill
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 2, 2004
            --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "sjwinick" <swinick@t...> wrote:
            > that was my working assumption as well. perhaps someone that has
            > succeeded at using the built-in backup can give an example of
            > exactly what has been put in the fields.

            I have it working well in a push configuration.

            Name: ZDrive
            Backup Type: Synchronize
            Direction: push

            <On NSLU2>
            Share: z_drive
            SubFolder: <blank>

            <Other Device>
            Name: Aragorn
            Shared Folder: /backup

            If you are specifying a subfolder, then it's possible that a bug
            prevents it from working (based upon your error message), in which
            case I'd recommend creating a share for each folder you want to backup.

            Good luck,

            MinorRoadsKill
          • sjwinick
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 2, 2004
              thank you! you gave me the answer and it was simple. the share
              names need a forward slash. that's it !

              --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "minorroadskill"