Re: Macintosh setup help
Automatic connection to a network share can be accomplished by a
variety of means. Perhaps the simplest and easiest is by placing an
alias to the drive in one's login startup list.
1) Open a new window in the Finder
2) With the drive already mounted, press <CMD>+"C" to view all local
and attached drives.
3) Open "System Preferences" and select "Accounts"
4) Choose the "Startup Items" tab
5) Drag the volume to which you want to attach at login from the Finder
window and drop it in the "Startup Items" list window
That should be all that is needed. I do not recall whether or not
authentication will be required every time the user logs into the
account. (Personally, I do not use Samba shares unless absolutely