ipkg install says "No space left on device"

  • abeveridge
    Message 1 of 4 , May 26, 2014

      I am trying to install new packages on my pogoplug (E02) using ipkg. previously (about a year ago) it worked just fine. Now ipkg complains that "No space left on device".

      optware is running on a USB stick with 8 GB capacity. df shows that only 32% of the space is in use. There should be no space issues.

      Here are more details:

      suppose I run "ipkg install coreutils". i get the following error:

      ipkg_conf_init: Failed to create temporary directory `(null)': No space left on device

      if I run "ipkg install coreutils -t /tmp" I get the errors shown below (these are just the last few in a long list that all say the same).

      adding "-force_space" to the end of the ipkg command does not help.

      I'm very new to optware and would appreciate any help with this issue.

      cheers

      /opt/bin/update-alternatives: line 61: /opt/lib/ipkg/alternatives/who: No space left on device

      /opt/bin/update-alternatives: line 61: /opt/lib/ipkg/alternatives/whoami: No space left on device

      /opt/bin/update-alternatives: line 61: /opt/lib/ipkg/alternatives/yes: No space left on device

      postinst script returned status 1

      ERROR: coreutils.postinst returned 1

      ipkg_conf_write_status_files: Can't open status file: //opt/lib/ipkg/status for writing: No space left on device

      pkg_write_filelist pkg=coreutils returned 28

      Successfully terminated.

      Collected errors:

      Could not open //opt/lib/ipkg/info/coreutils.list for writing: No space left on device

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2014
        Just in case anyone else has this problem: I deleted the .cedata folder and the problem went away. Also the USB flash drive become accessible through the web UI once I did this. Apparently the indexing process was not working properly and needlessly generating many files that where taking up a lot of space.

        'Alim

      • Anthony Takata
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4, 2014

          Glad you got it figured out!

          On Jun 4, 2014 9:13 AM, "alimba@... [nslu2-general]" <nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Just in case anyone else has this problem: I deleted the .cedata folder and the problem went away. Also the USB flash drive become accessible through the web UI once I did this. Apparently the indexing process was not working properly and needlessly generating many files that where taking up a lot of space.

          'Alim

        • bruce turrie