small ftp, ssh ...

  • pepesz76
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2005
      Is there a way to install only ftpd from inetutils package?
      Can you maybe suggest any other - small - ftpserver?
      The trouble is the size/space - it has to feet in 100k diskspace.

      the same with openssh:
      when instaling by:
      ipkg install openssh
      it uses over 1 MB of memory :(
      the aim is to use only internal ram/flash to operate smb/ftp/http/ssh
      server - serving files from external FAT32 disk drive

      Thanks for suggestions
    • Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 7, 2005
        > Is there a way to install only ftpd from inetutils
        > package?

        Yes - download the ipk, extract the files on a unix host (I believe they are
        'ar' files with compressed tar inside) and take out ftpd.

        > Can you maybe suggest any other - small - ftpserver?

        Maybe the one in the Linksys distro (which is on the Yahoo file ares, I
        believe?) ? Search the group wiki, for info.

        SSH is a problem - can't see it fitting in a very small environment, but
        dropbear is significantly smaller than openssh.

        best,

        -- Inge