Which Backup Software are you using??

  • gromit7o
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2004
      Hello Group

      Which Backup Software are you using??

      It should:
      - Backup new or changed files from my Windows machines to the nslu2
      - Be able to do an encrypted backup to a (s)ftp server
      - Open source or freeware would be nice

      I asked the Google oracle and tested a few programms but non really
      seemd to really work with the ftp server.. Am I asking for too much??

      Many thanks for your pointers
      Chris
    • foraccess2001
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2004
        Maybe checkout SynBack:

        http://www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/syncback-hub.html

        While I haven't used it extensively, I have tested it & can say it
        looks great for FREE software! It supports backing up to a FTP server
        but unfortunately not Secure FTP, although that feature is apparently
        planned for the "Pro" version.

        http://www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/sbp-features.html

        Good luck.

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "gromit7o" <gromit7o@y...>