Re: NSLU2 dropping off of network

  • Chad
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2004
      Yeah I've got some bizarre network problems too with the nslu2. I have
      a wireless internet router/hub. I then have a switch attached to that
      hub. I put the NSLU2 on either the switch or on the hub, and my WinXP
      computers just randomly lose network connectivity. Then when they
      reboot they can't aquire an IP address via DHCP. If I power down the
      NSLU2, and then do an ipconfig /renew they then get the address.
      Basically this unit seems to be able to single handedly take down my
      network. If I power it up, downloads will hault, internet games will
      disconnect and computers fail to get their IP's, and the world
      crumbles. Did anyone ever hear back from Linksys on this?

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Todd O. Klindt" <nslu2@k...> wrote:
      > I just plugged it into my DLink 624+ and it's behaving exactly the
      > same way. I guess I'm calling Linksys.
      >
      > tk
      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Todd O. Klindt" <nslu2@k...>
      > wrote:
      > > It's plugged into an Allied Telesyn 24 port rack mount switch. I
      > > could plug it into my DLink 624+ and see if it fairs any better, I
      > > suppose.
      > >
      > > tk
      > The
      > > > box keeps dropping on and off the network. If I open a ping
      > window
      > > > about 50% of the pings drop. I'm using the cable and the balun
      > > that
      > > > came with the NSLU2.
      > > >

      > > > Is your NSL
      U2 plugged into a switch or hub? Apparently this box