Cannot start NFS Server on NSLU2

  • Ferdinand Gruber
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5 5:27 AM
      I have two NSLU2 with Debian Wheezy insalled on the attached USB disk.

      On one of them I cannot start the nfs-kernel-server on the other it works. But I do not know where there might be the difference in configuration of Debian ...

      I did the following:
      /etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server start
      Exporting directories for NFS kernel daemon....
      Starting NFS kernel daemon: nfsd
      Not starting: portmapper is not running ... (warning).
      Please help me to find out what can be wrong. How can I start the protmapper?

      /etc/init.d/portmap start
      did not help.

      --
      Greetings from Austria
      Ferdinand Gruber

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 6 2:20 PM
          Am 06.04.2014 18:25, schrieb Anthony Takata:

          ... but what was the output when you did portmap start?

          Thank you for your answer.

          After starting portmap, nothing happened, but then I started rpcbind.
          /etc/init.d/rpcbind start

          That was the solution. Now the nfs-server works.

          --
          Greetings from Austria
          Ferdinand Gruber