dropping static ip address

  • Jackie
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 7, 2013
      I have successfully configured samba and a static ip address but I find that after a couple days my static ip address no longer works and the ip address changes to a dynamically assigned address. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I have tried both eth0 and eth0:3 and same thing happens.
    • Anthony Takata
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 8, 2013
        You'll want to check that there are no processes that run and get a new ip
        address. If there's nothing in the cron config, check that the device isn't
        rebooting or anything...
        On Aug 7, 2013 11:11 PM, "Jackie" <jjhung88@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > I have successfully configured samba and a static ip address but I find
        > that after a couple days my static ip address no longer works and the ip
        > address changes to a dynamically assigned address. Does anyone have any
        > idea how to fix this? I have tried both eth0 and eth0:3 and same thing
        > happens.

      • Jackie
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 21, 2013
          Where do I find hte cron config?

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Anthony Takata <htwiz2002@...> wrote:

          > You'll want to check that there are no processes that run and get a new ip
          > address. If there's nothing in the cron config, check that the device isn't
          > rebooting or anything...
          > On Aug 7, 2013 11:11 PM, "Jackie" <jjhung88@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > I have successfully configured samba and a static ip address but I find
          > > that after a couple days my static ip address no longer works and the ip
          > > address changes to a dynamically assigned address. Does anyone have any
          > > idea how to fix this? I have tried both eth0 and eth0:3 and same thing
          > > happens.

        • Anthony Takata
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 21, 2013
            Typically found in /etc/crontab/ or /opt/etc/cron.d/