gcc newer than 4.2.1 for syno-i686?

  • jim_merritt
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2013
      Hi,

      Thanks to all of you doing great work on this project.

      On a Synology DS1812+, I was trying to get Visual Editor for MediaWiki working, which requires node.js. On compiling node.js, I ran into a compiler bug which requires a new gcc. Compiling gcc and getting it working is over my head.

      Is there a newer gcc than what is in
      http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/syno-i686/cross/stable/
      ?

      Thanks for any help!
      Jim
    • Anthony Takata
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5, 2013
        It's always recommended to compile on other machines for this reason.
        Unless there's a specific retirement to use your Synology device, I would
        recommend getting a normal (up to date) distro running and work from there.