Dell P513W -> Pogoplug -> Samba

  • Dave Martin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 28, 2013
      Id like to make my P513W printer available on my pogoplug (still running
      busybox!).

      Is that possible? Ive seen Del P513W drivers for ubuntu, would that
      work?

      Or do I need some other magic with ppd files or something..?

      Any Ideas, links etc?

      After this I'd like to enable spooling via samba, to solve some other
      issues, but thats step 2..)

    • oddballhero
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 28, 2013
        You don't need to place any printer specific driver on the pogoplug, just a CUPS pass-through. Just Google this. There is also some slug specific instructions that pertain to the slug that works on the plug. The printer specific drivers belong on the local machine. I haven't set one up on the plug for a while since the that's what I use the slug for. There may be some problems if you use the pogoplug pro since it's ehci usb drivers don't support my ohci printers. You may need to build some kernel modules or install libusb. If you read some of the previous posts, this topic has already been addressed.

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Martin" <slug@...> wrote:

        > Id like to make my P513W printer available on my pogoplug (still running
        > busybox!).
        >

        > Is that possible? Ive seen Del P513W drivers for ubuntu, would that
        > work?
        >

        > Or do I need some other magic with ppd files or something..?
        >

        > Any Ideas, links etc?
        >

        > After this I'd like to enable spooling via samba, to solve some other
        > issues, but thats step 2..)

      • Dave Martin
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 29, 2013
          Maybe now would be a good time to introduce step 3.... ;-)

          Step 3 entails allowing ipads to print and maybe ipods..

          For this I would need a driver on the plug, I guess..?

          I hear things about something called foomatic..?