Re: [nslu2-general] My account has been hacked.

  • OddballHero
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 8, 2013
      Hello Gregg,
      Changing the password was the first thing I did and I don't give out passwords, even old ones.  I did notice that I've received 3 bogus yahoo emails from people I knew, but did not open them.  Their contents were similar to the one in question, and it did not make sense that they would send them.  The links are probably to hacked sites who haven't discovered their dilemma.  Yahoo mail itself may have been hacked.  Google "yahoo email hacked".  There are articles this past April saying that Yahoo itself has been hack 4 times recently.  Since the NSA is peeking through this stuff, maybe they can solve this problem.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 8, 2013
        On Sat, 8 Jun 2013 11:23:50 -0700 (PDT)
        OddballHero <oddballhero@...> wrote:

        > Hello Gregg,
        > Changing the password was the first thing I did and I don't give out
        > passwords, even old ones.  I did notice that I've received 3 bogus
        > yahoo emails from people I knew, but did not open them.  Their
        > contents were similar to the one in question, and it did not make
        > sense that they would send them.  The links are probably to hacked
        > sites who haven't discovered their dilemma.  Yahoo mail itself may
        > have been hacked.  Google "yahoo email hacked".  There are articles
        > this past April saying that Yahoo itself has been hack 4 times
        > recently.  Since the NSA is peeking through this stuff, maybe they
        > can solve this problem.

        Hu Guys
        there is a simple alternative to getting you email hacked on either
        yahoo or google mail, and thats to use an independent mail host,
        The are many out there at less than $10 a year and they are secure,
        IMAP or POP. the one I use uses Linux hosting, also good prices on
        domains.
        I'm not plugging them , but it does save getting your mail hacked

        > ________________________________

        Best wishes / 73
        Richard Bown

        Email : richard@... richard@...
        HTTP :http://www.g8jvm.info http://www.g8jvm.com
        nil carborundum a illegitemis
        Ham Call G8JVM . OS Fedora FC18 x86_64 on a Dell Inspiron N5030 laptop
        Maidenhead QRA: IO82SP38, LAT. 52 39.720' N LONG. 2 28.171 W
        ( degs+mins ) QRV VHF 6mtrs 200W, 4 mtrs 150W, 2mtrs 350W, 70cms 200W
        Microwave 23 cms 140W, 13 cms 100W, 6 cms 0W & 3cms 5W, 1&1 Mail hosted