My account has been hacked.

  • oddballhero
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 7, 2013
      It seems my account has been hacked and somebody sent out some emails. They are not mine. Please don't open them.
    • bruce
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 8, 2013
        I noticed that the O and the H were both capitalized on the fake emails if that tells you anything.

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "oddballhero" <oddballhero@...> wrote:

        > It seems my account has been hacked and somebody sent out some emails. They are not mine. Please don't open them.

      • Gregg Levine
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 8, 2013
          On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 11:48 PM, oddballhero <oddballhero@...> wrote:
          > It seems my account has been hacked and somebody sent out some emails. They are not mine. Please don't open them.

          Hello!
          It was indeed. And I'm going to do what I always do when someone who
          uses Yahoo notices that happen, and the list is one which I only
          participate: Give advice. Whatever your password was, no I don't want
          to know what it was, please change it. Pick a password that's not a
          dictionary word, and make sure you can repeat it. And then write it
          down twice and keep one copy by your computer, and keep the other copy
          in a safe place.
          -----
          Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@...
        • OddballHero
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 8, 2013
            Hello Bruce,
            Good catch!  I also did not have anything in the sent folder.  There might be a forged account and somebody has been culling contact information from past posts.

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 8, 2013
              Hello Gregg,
              Changing the password was the first thing I did and I don't give out passwords, even old ones.  I did notice that I've received 3 bogus yahoo emails from people I knew, but did not open them.  Their contents were similar to the one in question, and it did not make sense that they would send them.  The links are probably to hacked sites who haven't discovered their dilemma.  Yahoo mail itself may have been hacked.  Google "yahoo email hacked".  There are articles this past April saying that Yahoo itself has been hack 4 times recently.  Since the NSA is peeking through this stuff, maybe they can solve this problem.

              ________________________________
              > It seems my account has been hacked and somebody sent out some emails. They are not mine. Please don't open them.

              Hello!
              It was indeed. And I'm going to do what I always do when someone who
              uses Yahoo notices that happen, and the list is one which I only
              participate: Give advice. Whatever your password was, no I don't want
              to know what it was, please change it. Pick a password that's not a
              dictionary word, and make sure you can repeat it. And then write it
              down twice and keep one copy by your computer, and keep the other copy
              in a safe place.
              -----
              Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@...

            • Richard Bown
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 8, 2013
                On Sat, 8 Jun 2013 11:23:50 -0700 (PDT)
                OddballHero <oddballhero@...> wrote:

                > Hello Gregg,
                > Changing the password was the first thing I did and I don't give out
                > passwords, even old ones.  I did notice that I've received 3 bogus
                > yahoo emails from people I knew, but did not open them.  Their
                > contents were similar to the one in question, and it did not make
                > sense that they would send them.  The links are probably to hacked
                > sites who haven't discovered their dilemma.  Yahoo mail itself may
                > have been hacked.  Google "yahoo email hacked".  There are articles
                > this past April saying that Yahoo itself has been hack 4 times
                > recently.  Since the NSA is peeking through this stuff, maybe they
                > can solve this problem.

                Hu Guys
                there is a simple alternative to getting you email hacked on either
                yahoo or google mail, and thats to use an independent mail host,
                The are many out there at less than $10 a year and they are secure,
                IMAP or POP. the one I use uses Linux hosting, also good prices on
                domains.
                I'm not plugging them , but it does save getting your mail hacked

                > ________________________________

                Best wishes / 73
                Richard Bown

                Email : richard@... richard@...
                HTTP :http://www.g8jvm.info http://www.g8jvm.com
                nil carborundum a illegitemis
                Ham Call G8JVM . OS Fedora FC18 x86_64 on a Dell Inspiron N5030 laptop
                Maidenhead QRA: IO82SP38, LAT. 52 39.720' N LONG. 2 28.171 W
                ( degs+mins ) QRV VHF 6mtrs 200W, 4 mtrs 150W, 2mtrs 350W, 70cms 200W
                Microwave 23 cms 140W, 13 cms 100W, 6 cms 0W & 3cms 5W, 1&1 Mail hosted