Request for porting Lusca

  • dvage
    Message 1 of 2 , May 20, 2013
      Hi guys,

      I am using dd-wrt and want to cache some youtube videos using Lusca (fork of Squid). Lusca is not yet ported to optware, so I tried to edit the page:

      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/PackageWishList

      but it asks me password...

      Anyway, how is the best form of requesting new port ?

      Thanks.
    • Anthony Takata
      Message 2 of 2 , May 21, 2013
        Ooh... not sure if you would want to try running a proxy/cache server on
        the slug. It's already bogged down enough with a mere web server...
        As far as requesting a port, posting here was a good idea, I'm not sure
        what the wiki password is.
        There are guides out there on how to make a dev environment (both inside
        and outside the slug), but most of the information seems fairly outdated.
        I would recommend checking the performance of this program on a normal
        distribution, gauge the memory and CPU requirements (trust me, attempting
        to rely on swapping does more harm than good when working with the slug),
        and see if it is even feasible.
        Best of luck!