Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [nslu2-general] Re: woe. woe& thrice woe, or pogoplug print resolutions available

Expand Messages
  • Richard Bown
    On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 03:20:35 -0000 ... Hi Yes I tried raw and the it gave the defaults low. I must have screwed it up some how, I did as suggested , add
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 23, 2013
    • 0 Attachment
      On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 03:20:35 -0000
      "oddballhero" <oddballhero@...> wrote:

      > The V2 is actually an E02 which is 1.2 Ghz. Sounds like you are still trying to install an Epson
      > driver on the little ARM devices since your mentioning foomatic and gutenprint (apt-cache search
      > foomatic or gutenprint). You should actually be installing that on your desktop. What would be
      > running on CUPS on the ARM devices is strictly pass-through so the resolution there does not
      > matter, only what you set on the desktop. The only thing pertinent on the ARM device is that it
      > have enough space to spool the raw data transmitted from the desktop. You can also re-read
      > Mike's previous reply http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-general/message/8947 . If you did
      > get the NSLU2 pass through working then you should check the resolution settings on your
      > desktop. Again, you should probably read up on the concept of pass through/raw printing, since
      > you seem to be repeating the same process over and over (see
      > http://squeezesetup.wordpress.com/adding-a-cups-printer-server/ , its directions are about as
      > good as any). As for installing Wheezy, the process you mentioned of upgrading from Squeeze
      > works. The installation of Arch is pretty straight forward but you can go to their forum and
      > contact WarheadsSE or anybody else there and get some help.
      >
      Hi
      Yes I tried raw and the it gave the defaults low. I must have screwed it up some how,
      I did as suggested , add printer, select the USB printer displayed go to drivers section and select
      raw. I'll try pass though, I found a howto here, http://www.penguintutor.com/linux/printing-cups
      it refers to a PI , but the cups is the same.
      As for Arch ARM , thats been loaded 4 times now, followed /blogs/wikis verbatim , copy and paste
      but its not booting, if it is its not using its ethernet port. on the last boot I ran nmap on the
      address block where is should be and the other 254 subnets which took hours, but not an open port
      from it anywhere. . Is a 8GB flash drive too big ???, the NSLU2 didn't like anything larger than 4GB
      Looks like its use Debian .
      Does it make any difference which USB slot the flash is plugged in to ?
      I'll keep trying with getting it running with cups in pass thru
      thanks for the help
      --
      --
      Best wishes / 73
      Richard Bown

      Email : richard@...
      HTTP :http://www.g8jvm.info
      nil carborundum a illegitemis
      ##################################################################################
      Ham Call G8JVM . OS Fedora FC18 x86_64 on a Dell Inspiron N5030 laptop
      Maidenhead QRA: IO82SP38, LAT. 52 39.720' N LONG. 2 28.171 W ( degs+mins )
      QRV VHF 6mtrs 200W, 4 mtrs 150W, 2mtrs 350W, 70cms 200W
      Microwave 23 cms 140W, 13 cms 100W, 6 cms 0W & 3cms 5W
      ##################################################################################
      Please do not use the e-mail address of richard@...
      Mail hosted by 1and1, Domain screwed up by 1and1 and Freeparking
    • Richard Bown
      On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 10:03:32 +0100 ... A Bit more, I cant even get debian squeeze to boot , I reduced the partition size to 2.5 GB with 500MB swap . that was
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 23, 2013
      • 0 Attachment
        On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 10:03:32 +0100
        Richard Bown <richard@...> wrote:

        > On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 03:20:35 -0000
        > "oddballhero" <oddballhero@...> wrote:
        >
        > > The V2 is actually an E02 which is 1.2 Ghz. Sounds like you are still trying to install an
        > > Epson driver on the little ARM devices since your mentioning foomatic and gutenprint (apt-cache
        > > search foomatic or gutenprint). You should actually be installing that on your desktop. What
        > > would be running on CUPS on the ARM devices is strictly pass-through so the resolution there
        > > does not matter, only what you set on the desktop. The only thing pertinent on the ARM device
        > > is that it have enough space to spool the raw data transmitted from the desktop. You can also
        > > re-read Mike's previous reply http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-general/message/8947 .
        > > If you did get the NSLU2 pass through working then you should check the resolution settings on
        > > your desktop. Again, you should probably read up on the concept of pass through/raw printing,
        > > since you seem to be repeating the same process over and over (see
        > > http://squeezesetup.wordpress.com/adding-a-cups-printer-server/ , its directions are about as
        > > good as any). As for installing Wheezy, the process you mentioned of upgrading from Squeeze
        > > works. The installation of Arch is pretty straight forward but you can go to their forum and
        > > contact WarheadsSE or anybody else there and get some help.
        > >
        > Hi
        > Yes I tried raw and the it gave the defaults low. I must have screwed it up some how,
        > I did as suggested , add printer, select the USB printer displayed go to drivers section and
        > select raw. I'll try pass though, I found a howto here,
        > http://www.penguintutor.com/linux/printing-cups it refers to a PI , but the cups is the same.
        > As for Arch ARM , thats been loaded 4 times now, followed /blogs/wikis verbatim , copy and paste
        > but its not booting, if it is its not using its ethernet port. on the last boot I ran nmap on the
        > address block where is should be and the other 254 subnets which took hours, but not an open port
        > from it anywhere. . Is a 8GB flash drive too big ???, the NSLU2 didn't like anything larger than
        > 4GB Looks like its use Debian .
        > Does it make any difference which USB slot the flash is plugged in to ?
        > I'll keep trying with getting it running with cups in pass thru
        > thanks for the help

        A Bit more,
        I cant even get debian squeeze to boot , I reduced the partition size to 2.5 GB with 500MB swap .
        that was using
        wget http://dev.shyd.de/dockstar/dockstar.debian-squeeze.sh that worked before .
        It will boot up with no drive attached with the default passwd ceadmin.
        ??


        --
        --
        Best wishes / 73
        Richard Bown

        Email : richard@...
        HTTP :http://www.g8jvm.info
        nil carborundum a illegitemis
        ##################################################################################
        Ham Call G8JVM . OS Fedora FC18 x86_64 on a Dell Inspiron N5030 laptop
        Maidenhead QRA: IO82SP38, LAT. 52 39.720' N LONG. 2 28.171 W ( degs+mins )
        QRV VHF 6mtrs 200W, 4 mtrs 150W, 2mtrs 350W, 70cms 200W
        Microwave 23 cms 140W, 13 cms 100W, 6 cms 0W & 3cms 5W
        ##################################################################################
        Please do not use the e-mail address of richard@...
        Mail hosted by 1and1, Domain screwed up by 1and1 and Freeparking
      • Richard Bown
        On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 11:55:53 +0100 ... And more I reloaded wget http://projects.doozan.com/uboot/install_uboot_mtd0.sh and reset uboot, it now boots in to the
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 23, 2013
        • 0 Attachment
          On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 11:55:53 +0100
          Richard Bown <richard@...> wrote:

          > On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 10:03:32 +0100
          > Richard Bown <richard@...> wrote:
          >
          > > On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 03:20:35 -0000
          > > "oddballhero" <oddballhero@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > > The V2 is actually an E02 which is 1.2 Ghz. Sounds like you are still trying to install an
          > > > Epson driver on the little ARM devices since your mentioning foomatic and gutenprint
          > > > (apt-cache search foomatic or gutenprint). You should actually be installing that on your
          > > > desktop. What would be running on CUPS on the ARM devices is strictly pass-through so the
          > > > resolution there does not matter, only what you set on the desktop. The only thing pertinent
          > > > on the ARM device is that it have enough space to spool the raw data transmitted from the
          > > > desktop. You can also re-read Mike's previous reply
          > > > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-general/message/8947 . If you did get the NSLU2 pass
          > > > through working then you should check the resolution settings on your desktop. Again, you
          > > > should probably read up on the concept of pass through/raw printing, since you seem to be
          > > > repeating the same process over and over (see
          > > > http://squeezesetup.wordpress.com/adding-a-cups-printer-server/ , its directions are about as
          > > > good as any). As for installing Wheezy, the process you mentioned of upgrading from Squeeze
          > > > works. The installation of Arch is pretty straight forward but you can go to their forum and
          > > > contact WarheadsSE or anybody else there and get some help.
          > > >
          > > Hi
          > > Yes I tried raw and the it gave the defaults low. I must have screwed it up some how,
          > > I did as suggested , add printer, select the USB printer displayed go to drivers section and
          > > select raw. I'll try pass though, I found a howto here,
          > > http://www.penguintutor.com/linux/printing-cups it refers to a PI , but the cups is the same.
          > > As for Arch ARM , thats been loaded 4 times now, followed /blogs/wikis verbatim , copy and paste
          > > but its not booting, if it is its not using its ethernet port. on the last boot I ran nmap on
          > > the address block where is should be and the other 254 subnets which took hours, but not an
          > > open port from it anywhere. . Is a 8GB flash drive too big ???, the NSLU2 didn't like anything
          > > larger than 4GB Looks like its use Debian .
          > > Does it make any difference which USB slot the flash is plugged in to ?
          > > I'll keep trying with getting it running with cups in pass thru
          > > thanks for the help
          >
          > A Bit more,
          > I cant even get debian squeeze to boot , I reduced the partition size to 2.5 GB with 500MB swap .
          > that was using
          > wget http://dev.shyd.de/dockstar/dockstar.debian-squeeze.sh that worked before .
          > It will boot up with no drive attached with the default passwd ceadmin.
          > ??
          >
          >

          And more
          I reloaded
          wget http://projects.doozan.com/uboot/install_uboot_mtd0.sh
          and reset uboot, it now boots in to the previously loaded flash disk loaded with Debian squeeze.
          So it looks like the uboot loader on the Arch Arm gets corrupted, and running the dockstar squeeze
          installer looks at the uboot version and does not reload before installing the OS.. not ideal and
          doesn't make any sense.

          --
          --
          Best wishes / 73
          Richard Bown

          Email : richard@...
          HTTP :http://www.g8jvm.info
          nil carborundum a illegitemis
          ##################################################################################
          Ham Call G8JVM . OS Fedora FC18 x86_64 on a Dell Inspiron N5030 laptop
          Maidenhead QRA: IO82SP38, LAT. 52 39.720' N LONG. 2 28.171 W ( degs+mins )
          QRV VHF 6mtrs 200W, 4 mtrs 150W, 2mtrs 350W, 70cms 200W
          Microwave 23 cms 140W, 13 cms 100W, 6 cms 0W & 3cms 5W
          ##################################################################################
          Please do not use the e-mail address of richard@...
          Mail hosted by 1and1, Domain screwed up by 1and1 and Freeparking
        • Richard Bown
          Replying to myself again :( Cups on the pogoplug is set for Epson R285 raw printer on the remote laptop cups set up shows two printers ,the epson raw on
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 23, 2013
          • 0 Attachment
            Replying to myself again :(
            Cups on the pogoplug is set for Epson R285 raw printer
            on the remote laptop cups set up shows two printers ,the epson raw on 192.168.101.13
            and the locally set up Epson R285 using the gutenprint driver. Set as default

            Description: shack
            Location: shack
            Driver: Epson Stylus Photo R285 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.9 (color, 2-sided printing)
            Connection: ipp://192.168.101.13:631/ipp
            Defaults: job-sheets=none, none media=iso_a4_210x297mm sides=one-sided
            but trying to print a test page all I get is after a few minutes

            ▼ ID ▼ Name User Size Pages State Control
            shacprinter-32 Unknown Withheld 1k 1 pending since
            Tue 23 Apr 2013 13:59:39 BST
            "The printer URI is incorrect or no longer exists."

            The remote printer _ pogoplug
            Description: EPSON Stylus Photo R285
            Location: Shack
            Driver: Local Raw Printer (grayscale)
            Connection: usb://EPSON/Stylus%20Photo%20R285?serial=5731345033475AC80D
            Defaults: job-sheets=none, none media=unknown

            Where have I gone wrong ?
            --
            --
            Best wishes / 73
            Richard Bown

            Email : richard@...
            HTTP :http://www.g8jvm.info
            nil carborundum a illegitemis
            ##################################################################################
            Ham Call G8JVM . OS Fedora FC18 x86_64 on a Dell Inspiron N5030 laptop
            Maidenhead QRA: IO82SP38, LAT. 52 39.720' N LONG. 2 28.171 W ( degs+mins )
            QRV VHF 6mtrs 200W, 4 mtrs 150W, 2mtrs 350W, 70cms 200W
            Microwave 23 cms 140W, 13 cms 100W, 6 cms 0W & 3cms 5W
            ##################################################################################
            Please do not use the e-mail address of richard@...
            Mail hosted by 1and1, Domain screwed up by 1and1 and Freeparking
          • Richard Bown
            On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 14:27:46 +0100 ... Looking in the Access Logs on the server I saw from when I was trying to print a test page from the cups server on the
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 23, 2013
            • 0 Attachment
              On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 14:27:46 +0100
              Richard Bown <richard@...> wrote:

              > Replying to myself again :(
              > Cups on the pogoplug is set for Epson R285 raw printer
              > on the remote laptop cups set up shows two printers ,the epson raw on 192.168.101.13
              > and the locally set up Epson R285 using the gutenprint driver. Set as default
              >
              > Description: shack
              > Location: shack
              > Driver: Epson Stylus Photo R285 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.9 (color, 2-sided printing)
              > Connection: ipp://192.168.101.13:631/ipp
              > Defaults: job-sheets=none, none media=iso_a4_210x297mm sides=one-sided
              > but trying to print a test page all I get is after a few minutes
              >
              > ▼ ID ▼ Name User Size Pages State Control
              > shacprinter-32 Unknown Withheld 1k 1 pending since
              > Tue 23 Apr 2013 13:59:39 BST
              > "The printer URI is incorrect or no longer exists."
              >
              > The remote printer _ pogoplug
              > Description: EPSON Stylus Photo R285
              > Location: Shack
              > Driver: Local Raw Printer (grayscale)
              > Connection: usb://EPSON/Stylus%20Photo%20R285?serial=5731345033475AC80D
              > Defaults: job-sheets=none, none media=unknown

              Looking in the Access Logs on the server
              I saw from when I was trying to print a test page from the cups server on the Pogoplug
              localhost - - [23/Apr/2013:12:56:07 +0000] "POST /printers/EPSON_Stylus_Photo_R285 HTTP/1.1" 200
              399 Print-Job successful-ok

              Setting the ipp address of the printer on the remote machines to
              ipp://192.168.101.13:631/printers/EPSON_Stylus_Photo_R285
              allows printing from the remote machines
              So the correct settings for me with the Pogopig on 192.168.101.13 are:-
              Description: shack
              Location: shack
              Driver: Epson Stylus Photo R285 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.9 (color, 2-sided printing)
              Connection: ipp://192.168.101.13:631/printers/EPSON_Stylus_Photo_R285
              Defaults: job-sheets=none, none media=iso_a4_210x297mm sides=one-sided
              Jobs

              I'll change the description later



              --
              --
              Best wishes / 73
              Richard Bown

              Email : richard@...
              HTTP :http://www.g8jvm.info
              nil carborundum a illegitemis
              ##################################################################################
              Ham Call G8JVM . OS Fedora FC18 x86_64 on a Dell Inspiron N5030 laptop
              Maidenhead QRA: IO82SP38, LAT. 52 39.720' N LONG. 2 28.171 W ( degs+mins )
              QRV VHF 6mtrs 200W, 4 mtrs 150W, 2mtrs 350W, 70cms 200W
              Microwave 23 cms 140W, 13 cms 100W, 6 cms 0W & 3cms 5W
              ##################################################################################
              Please do not use the e-mail address of richard@...
              Mail hosted by 1and1, Domain screwed up by 1and1 and Freeparking
            • oddballhero
              You got me early and confused with your previous messages. Anyway, you did not show me the name of the printer on the pogoplug but from the information you
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 23, 2013
              • 0 Attachment
                You got me early and confused with your previous messages. Anyway, you did not show me the name of the printer on the pogoplug but from the information you gave below, your setup is nearly working. The pogoplug setup seems correct. The connection on your local machine just needs to change to the correct address which you can cut and paste from the status page of the printer of the raw epson on the pogoplug. So go to printers on the pogoplug CUPS page and select the raw epson. Copy the url on the address section of the browser. It should look something like "http://192.168.101.13:631/printers/Raw_epson" where you substitute the actual name you gave it in place of Raw_epson. They you go to the CUPS page on your local machine and setup the ipp connection with the aforementioned URL. So it should look like the connection you set up locally below except "Connection: http://192.168.101.13:631/printers/Pogoplug_raw_epson_name". Then try that to see if it works. If it does, you can set up the NSLU2 the same way and you can choose which one to use as a print server. Since you appear to be a HAM operator, you can set up the other one as an SDR server using rtl_sdr and an RTL2832U dongle. Somebody has done it with an NSLU2 https://sites.google.com/site/embrtlsdr/ , I've done it with a pogoplug with pretty good sample rates. This is all predicated on getting your print server working. By the way, changing the Subject line on these messages messes me up since I didn't see your previous posts on setting up your print server.

                --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Richard Bown <richard@...> wrote:
                >
                > Replying to myself again :(
                > Cups on the pogoplug is set for Epson R285 raw printer
                > on the remote laptop cups set up shows two printers ,the epson raw on 192.168.101.13
                > and the locally set up Epson R285 using the gutenprint driver. Set as default
                >
                > Description: shack
                > Location: shack
                > Driver: Epson Stylus Photo R285 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.9 (color, 2-sided printing)
                > Connection: ipp://192.168.101.13:631/ipp
                > Defaults: job-sheets=none, none media=iso_a4_210x297mm sides=one-sided
                > but trying to print a test page all I get is after a few minutes
                >
                > ▼ ID ▼ Name User Size Pages State Control
                > shacprinter-32 Unknown Withheld 1k 1 pending since
                > Tue 23 Apr 2013 13:59:39 BST
                > "The printer URI is incorrect or no longer exists."
                >
                > The remote printer _ pogoplug
                > Description: EPSON Stylus Photo R285
                > Location: Shack
                > Driver: Local Raw Printer (grayscale)
                > Connection: usb://EPSON/Stylus%20Photo%20R285?serial=5731345033475AC80D
                > Defaults: job-sheets=none, none media=unknown
                >
                > Where have I gone wrong ?
                > --
                > --
                > Best wishes / 73
                > Richard Bown
                >
                > Email : richard@...
                > HTTP :http://www.g8jvm.info
                > nil carborundum a illegitemis
                > ##################################################################################
                > Ham Call G8JVM . OS Fedora FC18 x86_64 on a Dell Inspiron N5030 laptop
                > Maidenhead QRA: IO82SP38, LAT. 52 39.720' N LONG. 2 28.171 W ( degs+mins )
                > QRV VHF 6mtrs 200W, 4 mtrs 150W, 2mtrs 350W, 70cms 200W
                > Microwave 23 cms 140W, 13 cms 100W, 6 cms 0W & 3cms 5W
                > ##################################################################################
                > Please do not use the e-mail address of richard@...
                > Mail hosted by 1and1, Domain screwed up by 1and1 and Freeparking
                >
              • oddballhero
                I guess we must have been composing messages at the same time, I m a little confused on what your terminology regarding local and remote but if it works, it
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 23, 2013
                • 0 Attachment
                  I guess we must have been composing messages at the same time, I'm a little confused on what your terminology regarding local and remote but if it works, it works. See if it does your hi-res PCB images.

                  --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Richard Bown <richard@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 14:27:46 +0100
                  > Richard Bown <richard@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Replying to myself again :(
                  > > Cups on the pogoplug is set for Epson R285 raw printer
                  > > on the remote laptop cups set up shows two printers ,the epson raw on 192.168.101.13
                  > > and the locally set up Epson R285 using the gutenprint driver. Set as default
                  > >
                  > > Description: shack
                  > > Location: shack
                  > > Driver: Epson Stylus Photo R285 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.9 (color, 2-sided printing)
                  > > Connection: ipp://192.168.101.13:631/ipp
                  > > Defaults: job-sheets=none, none media=iso_a4_210x297mm sides=one-sided
                  > > but trying to print a test page all I get is after a few minutes
                  > >
                  > > ▼ ID ▼ Name User Size Pages State Control
                  > > shacprinter-32 Unknown Withheld 1k 1 pending since
                  > > Tue 23 Apr 2013 13:59:39 BST
                  > > "The printer URI is incorrect or no longer exists."
                  > >
                  > > The remote printer _ pogoplug
                  > > Description: EPSON Stylus Photo R285
                  > > Location: Shack
                  > > Driver: Local Raw Printer (grayscale)
                  > > Connection: usb://EPSON/Stylus%20Photo%20R285?serial=5731345033475AC80D
                  > > Defaults: job-sheets=none, none media=unknown
                  >
                  > Looking in the Access Logs on the server
                  > I saw from when I was trying to print a test page from the cups server on the Pogoplug
                  > localhost - - [23/Apr/2013:12:56:07 +0000] "POST /printers/EPSON_Stylus_Photo_R285 HTTP/1.1" 200
                  > 399 Print-Job successful-ok
                  >
                  > Setting the ipp address of the printer on the remote machines to
                  > ipp://192.168.101.13:631/printers/EPSON_Stylus_Photo_R285
                  > allows printing from the remote machines
                  > So the correct settings for me with the Pogopig on 192.168.101.13 are:-
                  > Description: shack
                  > Location: shack
                  > Driver: Epson Stylus Photo R285 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.9 (color, 2-sided printing)
                  > Connection: ipp://192.168.101.13:631/printers/EPSON_Stylus_Photo_R285
                  > Defaults: job-sheets=none, none media=iso_a4_210x297mm sides=one-sided
                  > Jobs
                  >
                  > I'll change the description later
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > --
                  > --
                  > Best wishes / 73
                  > Richard Bown
                  >
                  > Email : richard@...
                  > HTTP :http://www.g8jvm.info
                  > nil carborundum a illegitemis
                  > ##################################################################################
                  > Ham Call G8JVM . OS Fedora FC18 x86_64 on a Dell Inspiron N5030 laptop
                  > Maidenhead QRA: IO82SP38, LAT. 52 39.720' N LONG. 2 28.171 W ( degs+mins )
                  > QRV VHF 6mtrs 200W, 4 mtrs 150W, 2mtrs 350W, 70cms 200W
                  > Microwave 23 cms 140W, 13 cms 100W, 6 cms 0W & 3cms 5W
                  > ##################################################################################
                  > Please do not use the e-mail address of richard@...
                  > Mail hosted by 1and1, Domain screwed up by 1and1 and Freeparking
                  >
                • Richard Bown
                  On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 16:38:03 -0000 ... Hi sorry I was referring local to the server as that was what was being worked on, and remote for anything attached to
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 23, 2013
                  • 0 Attachment
                    On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 16:38:03 -0000
                    "oddballhero" <oddballhero@...> wrote:

                    > I guess we must have been composing messages at the same time, I'm a little confused on what your
                    > terminology regarding local and remote but if it works, it works. See if it does your hi-res PCB
                    > images.

                    Hi
                    sorry I was referring local to the server as that was what was being worked on, and remote for
                    anything attached to it.
                    Yes I seen the notes on a pogoplug and a PI being used for SDR, the problem with the low end SDR
                    system is dynamic range, ie how big a signal they can cope with. I spoke to someone 20 miles away
                    from me on 144 MHz SSB on Sunday and he was using a Flex 500, , quite expensive piece of SDR
                    equipment.
                    Because of the power I was using and high antenna gain I was totally overloading his system , even
                    when I lowered my power to 3W. To get a reasonably dynamic receive range you have to use very high
                    sample rates, its done professionally but not for Hams, as it costs mega bucks.
                    I use digital systems for very weak signal work, and I'd love to get WSJT , which is a
                    python/fortran application, running on an ARM processor. Part of the WSJT suite WSPR can be run on
                    a PI, but I dont know of anyone running the JT modes on an ARM processor yet. it pure number
                    crunching.
                    For the hell of it now I'll try again on the NSLU2 as a print server,
                    It seem that ARM5 devices don't like the boot partition to be more than about 3GB.
                    I'll note the problems with changing the subject line on this list
                    Thanks for the help
                    --
                    --
                    Best wishes / 73
                    Richard Bown

                    Email : richard@...
                    HTTP :http://www.g8jvm.info
                    nil carborundum a illegitemis
                    ##################################################################################
                    Ham Call G8JVM . OS Fedora FC18 x86_64 on a Dell Inspiron N5030 laptop
                    Maidenhead QRA: IO82SP38, LAT. 52 39.720' N LONG. 2 28.171 W ( degs+mins )
                    QRV VHF 6mtrs 200W, 4 mtrs 150W, 2mtrs 350W, 70cms 200W
                    Microwave 23 cms 140W, 13 cms 100W, 6 cms 0W & 3cms 5W
                    ##################################################################################
                    Please do not use the e-mail address of richard@...
                    Mail hosted by 1and1, Domain screwed up by 1and1 and Freeparking
                  • Richard Bown
                    On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 18:14:17 +0100 Richard Bown wrote: ... The NSLU2 is now functioning as a print server, But , it doesn t print
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 23, 2013
                    • 0 Attachment
                      On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 18:14:17 +0100
                      Richard Bown <richard@...> wrote:
                      < cut>
                      > crunching.
                      > For the hell of it now I'll try again on the NSLU2 as a print server,
                      > It seem that ARM5 devices don't like the boot partition to be more than about 3GB.
                      > I'll note the problems with changing the subject line on this list
                      > Thanks for the help

                      The NSLU2 is now functioning as a print server,
                      But , it doesn't print hi res images , just what looks as pixel co-ordinates, just pages of numbers.
                      I may have to power up the desktop machine running cups if I need to print pcb negatives.
                      I'll see what happens if I try and print a picture.


                      --
                      --
                      Best wishes / 73
                      Richard Bown

                      Email : richard@...
                      HTTP :http://www.g8jvm.info
                      nil carborundum a illegitemis
                      ##################################################################################
                      Ham Call G8JVM . OS Fedora FC18 x86_64 on a Dell Inspiron N5030 laptop
                      Maidenhead QRA: IO82SP38, LAT. 52 39.720' N LONG. 2 28.171 W ( degs+mins )
                      QRV VHF 6mtrs 200W, 4 mtrs 150W, 2mtrs 350W, 70cms 200W
                      Microwave 23 cms 140W, 13 cms 100W, 6 cms 0W & 3cms 5W
                      ##################################################################################
                      Please do not use the e-mail address of richard@...
                      Mail hosted by 1and1, Domain screwed up by 1and1 and Freeparking
                    • oddballhero
                      I actually have Debian and Arch booting off 16GB flash. So you were printing from the NSLU2 to the NSLU2? I only mentioned the rtl2832u because they cost less
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 23, 2013
                      • 0 Attachment
                        I actually have Debian and Arch booting off 16GB flash. So you were printing from the NSLU2 to the NSLU2? I only mentioned the rtl2832u because they cost less than $20 and they're a fun plaything.

                        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Richard Bown <richard@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 18:14:17 +0100
                        > Richard Bown <richard@...> wrote:
                        > < cut>
                        > > crunching.
                        > > For the hell of it now I'll try again on the NSLU2 as a print server,
                        > > It seem that ARM5 devices don't like the boot partition to be more than about 3GB.
                        > > I'll note the problems with changing the subject line on this list
                        > > Thanks for the help
                        >
                        > The NSLU2 is now functioning as a print server,
                        > But , it doesn't print hi res images , just what looks as pixel co-ordinates, just pages of numbers.
                        > I may have to power up the desktop machine running cups if I need to print pcb negatives.
                        > I'll see what happens if I try and print a picture.
                        >
                        >
                        > --
                        > --
                        > Best wishes / 73
                        > Richard Bown
                        >
                        > Email : richard@...
                        > HTTP :http://www.g8jvm.info
                        > nil carborundum a illegitemis
                        > ##################################################################################
                        > Ham Call G8JVM . OS Fedora FC18 x86_64 on a Dell Inspiron N5030 laptop
                        > Maidenhead QRA: IO82SP38, LAT. 52 39.720' N LONG. 2 28.171 W ( degs+mins )
                        > QRV VHF 6mtrs 200W, 4 mtrs 150W, 2mtrs 350W, 70cms 200W
                        > Microwave 23 cms 140W, 13 cms 100W, 6 cms 0W & 3cms 5W
                        > ##################################################################################
                        > Please do not use the e-mail address of richard@...
                        > Mail hosted by 1and1, Domain screwed up by 1and1 and Freeparking
                        >
                      • Richard Bown
                        On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 18:26:11 -0000 ... Hi no I was printing from the laptop to the NSLU2 running squeeze, and cups as raw, the same as the pogoplug. Both pcb
                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 23, 2013
                        • 0 Attachment
                          On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 18:26:11 -0000
                          "oddballhero" <oddballhero@...> wrote:

                          > I actually have Debian and Arch booting off 16GB flash. So you were printing from the NSLU2 to
                          > the NSLU2? I only mentioned the rtl2832u because they cost less than $20 and they're a fun
                          > plaything.
                          >

                          Hi
                          no I was printing from the laptop to the NSLU2 running squeeze, and cups as raw, the same as the
                          pogoplug.
                          Both pcb negatives and jpegs sent to the NSLU2 just printed as pages of numbers.
                          I'll try it now with the pogoplug as the server.
                          Sent a jpeg up and it printed out, and it did so pretty quick, next sent a pcb image up, only
                          printed at 720 dpi , but it prints fine.
                          It looks like I need to set up a special printer for pcb images with the remote cups server using
                          gutenprint with the resolution set at 2880x 2880 dpi, and just use that for pcb images ,
                          Shotwell I can set the print resolution on the gui.
                          I should be able to do this on the Eagle gui, but for some reason its not allowing it.
                          Apart from that its working well

                          Noted on the RTL2832u. a useful device, but very insensitive , but cheap :)
                          --
                          --
                          Best wishes / 73
                          Richard Bown

                          Email : richard@...
                          HTTP :http://www.g8jvm.info
                          nil carborundum a illegitemis
                          ##################################################################################
                          Ham Call G8JVM . OS Fedora FC18 x86_64 on a Dell Inspiron N5030 laptop
                          Maidenhead QRA: IO82SP38, LAT. 52 39.720' N LONG. 2 28.171 W ( degs+mins )
                          QRV VHF 6mtrs 200W, 4 mtrs 150W, 2mtrs 350W, 70cms 200W
                          Microwave 23 cms 140W, 13 cms 100W, 6 cms 0W & 3cms 5W
                          ##################################################################################
                          Please do not use the e-mail address of richard@...
                          Mail hosted by 1and1, Domain screwed up by 1and1 and Freeparking
                        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.