Re: files sharing

  • pepesz76
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 3, 2005
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen
      <i.b.arnesen@f...> wrote:
      > Nice - hail to Outlook for messing up the line breaks in the script.

      I figured it out :)
      Thanks a lot - looks like it finaly works:)
      I'll will test it and then I will add to wiki.

      Best wishes
      Lukasz
    • pepesz76
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 6, 2005
        There is a way to attached HDD FAT32 to NSLU without having an extra
        flash or hdd disk as it is claimed in AttachAFAT32FormattedDrive

        You just have to

        1) add user to /etc/passwd
        cp /etc/passwd etc/passwd-

        2) add samba user (the same as in passwd)
        smbpasswd -a user
        cp /etc/samba/smbpasswd /etc/samba/smbpasswd-

        3)put rs.samba script into /share/hdd/conf/unslung:

        ----CUT----
        #! /bin/sh
        # Diversion script: customize before starting crond
        #
        # Reason: mount sda1 $ alter samba to include HDD
        #
        mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/hda1
        cp /etc/passwd- /etc/passwd
        cp /etc/samba/smbpasswd- /etc/samba/smbpasswd

        if [ ! -e /etc/samba/smb.conf.orig ]; then cp -p /etc/samba/smb.conf
        /etc/samba/smb.conf.orig;fi

        # Insert HDDShare section if not present
        if ( !(grep "\[HDD\]" /etc/samba/smb.conf -q) ) then

        cat << EOF >> /etc/samba/smb.conf
        # Modify this section according to your needs
        [HDD]
        path = /mnt/hda1
        comment = Disk FAT32
        public = yes
        read only = yes
        browseable = yes
        valid users = @everyone, @administrators
        write list = @administrators

        EOF
        fi
        #
        # Continue to start samba
        #
        return 1
        -----CUT-----

        turn off nslu
        attache usb hdd (fat32)
        turn it on and enjoy

        PS I'm too fresh here to dare to modify AttachAFAT32FormattedDrive
      • Rod Whitby
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 6, 2005
          On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 20:03:55 -0000, pepesz76 <pepesz76@...> wrote:
          > There is a way to attached HDD FAT32 to NSLU without having an extra
          > flash or hdd disk as it is claimed in AttachAFAT32FormattedDrive
          > PS I'm too fresh here to dare to modify AttachAFAT32FormattedDrive

          You shouldn't feel that way - everyone who has a success should feel
          empowered to document it on the wiki rather than in a mailing list
          message, because the former is retained and kept current whereas the
          latter soon gets forgotten. If you have something that works, then
          add it to the end of the wiki page as an alternative way to do it.

          -- Rod