Re: [nslu2-general] Re: Ampache + amarok running on unslung - is it possible?

  • Anthony Takata
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 18, 2013
      According to my information found using Google, Amarok seems to be a GUI
      application. Unfortunately, the slug is usually not able to handle GUI
      applications much more complex than a text editor or terminal. If you would
      be using the slug as just a database slave, that might work with a little
      configuring, but I personally have not delved into that subject.

      I actually have also similarly not heard of mpd either, I'm assuming you're
      talking about Music Player Daemon. For a client, this would mean I have no
      opinion, as I don't have it in any case. ;)

      If memory serves, getting MySQL5 to work correctly requires a lot of
      finesse, as many of the binaries seg-fault when trying to run them, so
      configuration basically takes place off of the slug and you move the files
      back for running. Last time I tried migrating over though I lost most of my
      databases to corruption so if you already have MySQL4 I would highly
      recommend backing things up before trying!