RE: [nslu2-general] Re: files sharing

  • Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 3, 2005
      Nice - hail to Outlook for messing up the line breaks in the script. The
      script in its proper form is found under point 4 in
      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/AddPrinter

      best,

      -- Inge

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 3, 2005
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen
        <i.b.arnesen@f...> wrote:
        > Nice - hail to Outlook for messing up the line breaks in the script.

        I figured it out :)
        Thanks a lot - looks like it finaly works:)
        I'll will test it and then I will add to wiki.

        Best wishes
        Lukasz
      • pepesz76
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 6, 2005
          There is a way to attached HDD FAT32 to NSLU without having an extra
          flash or hdd disk as it is claimed in AttachAFAT32FormattedDrive

          You just have to

          1) add user to /etc/passwd
          cp /etc/passwd etc/passwd-

          2) add samba user (the same as in passwd)
          smbpasswd -a user
          cp /etc/samba/smbpasswd /etc/samba/smbpasswd-

          3)put rs.samba script into /share/hdd/conf/unslung:

          ----CUT----
          #! /bin/sh
          # Diversion script: customize before starting crond
          #
          # Reason: mount sda1 $ alter samba to include HDD
          #
          mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/hda1
          cp /etc/passwd- /etc/passwd
          cp /etc/samba/smbpasswd- /etc/samba/smbpasswd

          if [ ! -e /etc/samba/smb.conf.orig ]; then cp -p /etc/samba/smb.conf
          /etc/samba/smb.conf.orig;fi

          # Insert HDDShare section if not present
          if ( !(grep "\[HDD\]" /etc/samba/smb.conf -q) ) then

          cat << EOF >> /etc/samba/smb.conf
          # Modify this section according to your needs
          [HDD]
          path = /mnt/hda1
          comment = Disk FAT32
          public = yes
          read only = yes
          browseable = yes
          valid users = @everyone, @administrators
          write list = @administrators

          EOF
          fi
          #
          # Continue to start samba
          #
          return 1
          -----CUT-----

          turn off nslu
          attache usb hdd (fat32)
          turn it on and enjoy

          PS I'm too fresh here to dare to modify AttachAFAT32FormattedDrive
        • Rod Whitby
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 6, 2005
            On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 20:03:55 -0000, pepesz76 <pepesz76@...> wrote:
            > There is a way to attached HDD FAT32 to NSLU without having an extra
            > flash or hdd disk as it is claimed in AttachAFAT32FormattedDrive
            > PS I'm too fresh here to dare to modify AttachAFAT32FormattedDrive

            You shouldn't feel that way - everyone who has a success should feel
            empowered to document it on the wiki rather than in a mailing list
            message, because the former is retained and kept current whereas the
            latter soon gets forgotten. If you have something that works, then
            add it to the end of the wiki page as an alternative way to do it.

            -- Rod