Serious Bug in NSLU2 !?

  • Nickola
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
      Hi there,

      Did anyone was create share called "management" ?
      My NSLU2 web interface crashed and stop working after I create this
      share!!

      If you are interested, read my description of the problem:

      I have NSLU2 device connected to MAXTOR OneToch drive.
      I start to create shares and after the fifth share the web interface
      stop working. I try anything - stop, start, reset, etc. - but I
      can't bring the device interface "to live". Meanwhile, NSLU2 still
      working as s file server!

      After a couple of experiments I found, that the web interface start
      working only if the hard drive is disconnected!.
      I read all articles, that I found in the web, but nobody was write
      something about.

      I connect the hard drive directly to the PC and format it.
      After that, I connect the hard drive back to NSLU2 and start create
      shares again. And I found that after creation of share
      called "management", the web interface stop working!!

      I've made this experiments several times, and the result is the
      same!!

      I think that this is a bug in the software.
      Did anyone have the same problem ?
    • cyril2122
      Message 2 of 3 , May 4, 2005
        Looks like you found it! I was creating new shares in our slug unit
        as well and as soon as I mae 'management' everything stopped
        working. Is there a fix for this anywhere or workaround that doesn't
        involve formatting the drive?

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Nickola" <vasilevn@y...>
        wrote:
        > Hi there,
        >
        > Did anyone was create share called "management" ?
        > My NSLU2 web interface crashed and stop working after I create
        this
        > share!!
        >
        > If you are interested, read my description of the problem:
        >
        > I have NSLU2 device connected to MAXTOR OneToch drive.
        > I start to create shares and after the fifth share the web
        interface
        > stop working. I try anything - stop, start, reset, etc. - but I
        > can't bring the device interface "to live". Meanwhile, NSLU2 still
        > working as s file server!
        >
        > After a couple of experiments I found, that the web interface
        start
        > working only if the hard drive is disconnected!.
        > I read all articles, that I found in the web, but nobody was write
        > something about.
        >
        > I connect the hard drive directly to the PC and format it.
        > After that, I connect the hard drive back to NSLU2 and start
        create
        > shares again. And I found that after creation of share
        > called "management", the web interface stop working!!
        >
        > I've made this experiments several times, and the result is the
        > same!!
        >
        > I think that this is a bug in the software.
        > Did anyone have the same problem ?
      • mshilly
        Message 3 of 3 , May 5, 2005
          Patient: "Doctor, it hurts when I do this..."

          Doctor: "Don't do that."

          I know this isn't a lot of help but it appears the share name is in
          conflict with another page name in the webpage hierarchy.

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "cyril2122" <jsawyer341@c...>