Re: [nslu2-general] problem with openslug + nslu2

  • Ovidiu Sas
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 22, 2013
      Try to re-unsling the hard drive and start fresh.
      I have openslug installed on a NSLU a while ago and it is working fine.

      Regards,
      Ovidiu Sas

      On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 6:59 PM, Eric CS <erics324@...> wrote:

      > df command gives me this response
      >
      > Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
      > /dev/root 6400 5468 932 85% /initrd
      > /dev/sda1 384578164 251608 364791116 0% /
      > /dev/sda1 384578164 251608 364791116 0% /dev/.static/dev
      > udev 2048 36 2012 2% /dev
      > tmpfs 15120 0 15120 0% /var/volatile
      > tmpfs 15120 0 15120 0% /dev/shm
      >
      > I'm using an external hard drive 400 gb not think it's due to lack of space
      > .. perhaps the downloads directory hosts "ipkg" not correct? I've also tried
      > reinstalling "ipkg" but without success, when I try to use "ipkg" or "ipkg-
      > opt" the NSLU2 reboots itself.
      >
      > 2013/2/23 Anthony Takata htwiz2002@...>
      >
      > > **
      >

      > > IIRC = If I Remember Correctly.
      > > Make sure you have sufficient space on the disks (use the df command)
      > > You can always try reinstalling ipkg, that won't harm anything.
      > >

      > > On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Eric CS erics324@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > **
      > > >

      > > > thanks for the reply.
      > > > Yes I installed the firmware is Big endian think.
      > > > In fact the first time I try to "opkg update" works fine but then "opkg
      > > > upgrade" the system hangs and reboots. I also managed to install ipkg
      > > with
      > > > "setup-optware.sh" installs fine but when I do "ipkg update" the system
      > > > also
      > > > hangs and reboots too.
      > > > What is IIRC? how I can fix the kernel panic?

      > > > panic
      > > think

      > > > installed
      > > > "turnup
      > > > with "
      > > > fine
      > > > give
    • Eric CS
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 23, 2013
        I reinstalled the firmware and reunsling hard disk several times with the
        same result.

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 23, 2013
          I can do "ipkg update" succesfully the first time I reflashed openslug, but
          then "ipkg upgrade" or "ipkg install x" fails.
          maybe it's because I made the modification in resistance R83?

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 23, 2013
            Try to install another firmware and see if the issue persists.
            Maybe it's a hardware issue (bad memory??)

            -ovidiu