Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: UShare install error - libavdevice.so.52

Expand Messages
  • frflakes
    Thanks for the response. It s weird, I reinstalled ushare and now the error is for libavformat.so.52 . I checked /opt/lib and I see libavcodec.so,
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 22, 2013
    • 0 Attachment
      Thanks for the response. It's weird, I reinstalled ushare and now the error is for "libavformat.so.52".

      I checked /opt/lib and I see libavcodec.so, libavcodec.so.51, and libavcodec.so.51.54.0 that's similar.

      I'm a Linux newb, so I should ln -s /opt/lib/libavformat.so.52 /opt/lib/libavcodec.so? And repeat if there is any more errors?

      I tried mediatomb and I got a "cannot allocate memory" error. I'm using pogoplug v3 so perhaps that's the issue?

      If I can get either to work or some other dlna server for my Samsung TV to work that'll be great. Thanks.

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Anthony Takata <htwiz2002@...> wrote:
      >
      > I'm not running ushare, but it might be that you don't have the library
      > linked? Look in the folder it's expecting (probably /opt/lib or something
      > ), and see if you can find the library under a different name (like
      > libavdevice.so or something) which you can try to make a symlink to it.
      > If you can accomplish this, then it might work ;)
      >
      >
      > On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 9:23 PM, frflakes <frflakes@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >
      > >
      > > I tried installing ushare.
      > >
      > > When I'm attempting to start it, I get error:
      > >
      > > "error while loading shared libraries: libavdevice.so.52: cannot open
      > > shared object file: No such file or directory"
      > >
      > > I have ffmpeg and libdlna installed. Something might be too old. Anyone
      > > running ushare successfully?
      > >
      > > Thanks.
      > >
      > >
      > >
      >
      >
      > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      >
    • Anthony Takata
      Yeah, you re in unclaimed territory from my perspective. ;) However, that command should do the trick (or the source/destinations may be swapped). ...
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 22, 2013
      • 0 Attachment
        Yeah, you're in unclaimed territory from my perspective. ;)
        However, that command should do the trick (or the source/destinations may
        be swapped).



        On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 8:00 AM, frflakes <frflakes@...> wrote:

        > **
        >
        >
        > Thanks for the response. It's weird, I reinstalled ushare and now the
        > error is for "libavformat.so.52".
        >
        > I checked /opt/lib and I see libavcodec.so, libavcodec.so.51, and
        > libavcodec.so.51.54.0 that's similar.
        >
        > I'm a Linux newb, so I should ln -s /opt/lib/libavformat.so.52
        > /opt/lib/libavcodec.so? And repeat if there is any more errors?
        >
        > I tried mediatomb and I got a "cannot allocate memory" error. I'm using
        > pogoplug v3 so perhaps that's the issue?
        >
        > If I can get either to work or some other dlna server for my Samsung TV to
        > work that'll be great. Thanks.
        >
        >
        > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Anthony Takata wrote:
        > >
        > > I'm not running ushare, but it might be that you don't have the library
        > > linked? Look in the folder it's expecting (probably /opt/lib or something
        > > ), and see if you can find the library under a different name (like
        > > libavdevice.so or something) which you can try to make a symlink to it.
        > > If you can accomplish this, then it might work ;)
        > >
        > >
        > > On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 9:23 PM, frflakes wrote:
        > >
        > > > **
        >
        > > >
        > > >
        > > > I tried installing ushare.
        > > >
        > > > When I'm attempting to start it, I get error:
        > > >
        > > > "error while loading shared libraries: libavdevice.so.52: cannot open
        > > > shared object file: No such file or directory"
        > > >
        > > > I have ffmpeg and libdlna installed. Something might be too old. Anyone
        > > > running ushare successfully?
        > > >
        > > > Thanks.
        > > >
        > > >
        > > >
        > >
        > >
        > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        > >
        >
        >
        >


        [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.