How to see actual size of usb drive in network (samba)?

  • Jackie
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2013
      I have a 500gb usb drive but in windows network it only show 61mb.
      I know it is because of the path /tmp/.cemnt/mnt_sda1.
      Does someone have a workaround so that it will show the actual size?
      If I transfer a whole folder into the drive and everything add to more than 4gb, it won't let me. I have to do the copy by batches and it is just too cumbersome.
    • Anthony Takata
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 22, 2013
        It's only shows 61 mb? Hmm.
        You can check the disk space used and free by using the command "df" in a
        terminal, but if it's not allowing you to have more than 4Gb in a file you
        might need to use something different than FAT32 for the filesystem.