Re: [nslu2-general] UShare install error - libavdevice.so.52

  • Anthony Takata
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 21, 2013
      I'm not running ushare, but it might be that you don't have the library
      linked? Look in the folder it's expecting (probably /opt/lib or something
      ), and see if you can find the library under a different name (like
      libavdevice.so or something) which you can try to make a symlink to it.
      If you can accomplish this, then it might work ;)

      On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 9:23 PM, frflakes <frflakes@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > I tried installing ushare.
      >
      > When I'm attempting to start it, I get error:
      >
      > "error while loading shared libraries: libavdevice.so.52: cannot open
      > shared object file: No such file or directory"
      >
      > I have ffmpeg and libdlna installed. Something might be too old. Anyone
      > running ushare successfully?
      >
      > Thanks.

    • frflakes
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 22, 2013
        Thanks for the response. It's weird, I reinstalled ushare and now the error is for "libavformat.so.52".

        I checked /opt/lib and I see libavcodec.so, libavcodec.so.51, and libavcodec.so.51.54.0 that's similar.

        I'm a Linux newb, so I should ln -s /opt/lib/libavformat.so.52 /opt/lib/libavcodec.so? And repeat if there is any more errors?

        I tried mediatomb and I got a "cannot allocate memory" error. I'm using pogoplug v3 so perhaps that's the issue?

        If I can get either to work or some other dlna server for my Samsung TV to work that'll be great. Thanks.

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Anthony Takata <htwiz2002@...> wrote:

        > I'm not running ushare, but it might be that you don't have the library
        > linked? Look in the folder it's expecting (probably /opt/lib or something
        > ), and see if you can find the library under a different name (like
        > libavdevice.so or something) which you can try to make a symlink to it.
        > If you can accomplish this, then it might work ;)
        >

        > On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 9:23 PM, frflakes <frflakes@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > I tried installing ushare.
        > >
        > > When I'm attempting to start it, I get error:
        > >
        > > "error while loading shared libraries: libavdevice.so.52: cannot open
        > > shared object file: No such file or directory"
        > >
        > > I have ffmpeg and libdlna installed. Something might be too old. Anyone
        > > running ushare successfully?
        > >
        > > Thanks.

      • Anthony Takata
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 22, 2013
          Yeah, you're in unclaimed territory from my perspective. ;)
          However, that command should do the trick (or the source/destinations may
          be swapped).