UShare install error - libavdevice.so.52

  • frflakes
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 21, 2013
      I tried installing ushare.

      When I'm attempting to start it, I get error:

      "error while loading shared libraries: libavdevice.so.52: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

      I have ffmpeg and libdlna installed. Something might be too old. Anyone running ushare successfully?

      Thanks.
    • Anthony Takata
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 21, 2013
        I'm not running ushare, but it might be that you don't have the library
        linked? Look in the folder it's expecting (probably /opt/lib or something
        ), and see if you can find the library under a different name (like
        libavdevice.so or something) which you can try to make a symlink to it.
        If you can accomplish this, then it might work ;)

        On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 9:23 PM, frflakes <frflakes@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > I tried installing ushare.
        >
        > When I'm attempting to start it, I get error:
        >
        > "error while loading shared libraries: libavdevice.so.52: cannot open
        > shared object file: No such file or directory"
        >
        > I have ffmpeg and libdlna installed. Something might be too old. Anyone
        > running ushare successfully?
        >
        > Thanks.

      • frflakes
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 22, 2013
          Thanks for the response. It's weird, I reinstalled ushare and now the error is for "libavformat.so.52".

          I checked /opt/lib and I see libavcodec.so, libavcodec.so.51, and libavcodec.so.51.54.0 that's similar.

          I'm a Linux newb, so I should ln -s /opt/lib/libavformat.so.52 /opt/lib/libavcodec.so? And repeat if there is any more errors?

          I tried mediatomb and I got a "cannot allocate memory" error. I'm using pogoplug v3 so perhaps that's the issue?

          If I can get either to work or some other dlna server for my Samsung TV to work that'll be great. Thanks.

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Anthony Takata <htwiz2002@...> wrote:

          > I'm not running ushare, but it might be that you don't have the library
          > linked? Look in the folder it's expecting (probably /opt/lib or something
          > ), and see if you can find the library under a different name (like
          > libavdevice.so or something) which you can try to make a symlink to it.
          > If you can accomplish this, then it might work ;)
          >

          > On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 9:23 PM, frflakes <frflakes@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > I tried installing ushare.
          > >
          > > When I'm attempting to start it, I get error:
          > >
          > > "error while loading shared libraries: libavdevice.so.52: cannot open
          > > shared object file: No such file or directory"
          > >
          > > I have ffmpeg and libdlna installed. Something might be too old. Anyone
          > > running ushare successfully?
          > >
          > > Thanks.

        • Anthony Takata
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 22, 2013
            Yeah, you're in unclaimed territory from my perspective. ;)
            However, that command should do the trick (or the source/destinations may
            be swapped).