New Kernel Not Installing

  • Dane Ruyle
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 17, 2013
      bump...
      I was able to get a deb package for the NSLU2 containing a newer kernel. dpkg -i *.deb looks like it completes OK.When rebooting, still the old kernel is used.
      How do I find out what is going on (or not)?
      Thanks.

    • Anthony Takata
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 18, 2013
        Sorry, I'm not entirely sure what happens when trying to upgrade the
        kernel. Since it's just a debian package (more or less), you can unpack it
        and see what the installer script is doing...