RE: [nslu2-general] Re: NSLU Reliability question

  • Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
      I've never had a problem with the NSLU stop responding, but I've had the
      "won't turn off" -problem several times. As Donna says, the power chord is
      the only option if you can't get into it and shut it down. It hsa happened,
      however, that the actual power down came more than 15 mins after i pressed
      the button and heard the beep. Maybe quota checking going on? Turn in off to
      be sure.

      The journaling file system is supposed to deal well with situations. I have,
      however, observed a number of cases where the conf partition is corrupted
      beyond repair (superblock failure and even unknown partition label). Strange
      thing that the swap and data partitions still are recognizable. I've
      disabled all Linksys disk handling and mount manually. Knock on wood.

      best,

      -- inge

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2005
        I didn't mean overall web access, just access to the configuration
        of the NSLU2 via the web.

        Once I unplug it, it will return to normal. I started the daily
        reboot to try to correct this issue when it happened before.

        Any other input here?

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "donna foley"