Re: Can Pogoplug mount an NFS network share and allow access from the web?

  • ingenuitycapital
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 16, 2013
      Is there a system variable that I could check that would tell me when the mount process should work?

      Ken

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Anthony Takata <htwiz2002@...> wrote:

      > The random mounting is a known issue as far as I know, I don't think anyone
      > has solved that part. You might try putting an artificial delay in your
      > script and have it run backgrounded, so that by the time the system is
      > ready the Mount process should work.
      > On Feb 16, 2013 5:03 PM, "ingenuitycapital" <kkam@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Kevin's answer worked perfectly until I added a second USB drive to the
      > > Pogoplug Now it seems random whether the first USB drive is mounted as sda2
      > > or sdb2. I wrote a script that tries to mount the NFS share a folder on
      > > sda2 first and if that fails then try on sdb2. The script works when I run
      > > it after the Pogoplug has started up. But if I try to add it to the startup
      > > scripts called from rcS, the script does not mount the NFS share.
      > >
      > > There must be something in the startup process that must happen before you
      > > can mount the NFS share.
      > >
      > > But, even if I make the script be the last one to execute in the startup
      > > sequence, it does not work.
      > >
      > > Would appreciate anyone's thoughts on what to try next.
      > >
      > > Ken
      > >
      > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Radziwon wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I put the mount points on a flash drive plugged into the pogo.
      > > >
      > > > Mount Path: /tmp/.cemnt/mnt_sda1/mount_point
      > > >
      > > > Your path may vary...

    • ingenuitycapital
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 17, 2013
        I followed Kevin's recommendation on how to mount an NFS share to the pogoplug:

        Mount Path: /tmp/.cemnt/mnt_sda1/mount_point

        The problem is the mount point on the pogoplug could either be on sda2 or sdb2. If there is an alternative way to refer to the same mount point, that would solve the problem. The label on the partition I want to use is "Kamhighway" Is there a way to write the mountpoint using the label or the UUID of the partition?

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 17, 2013
          Just tried adding sleep NN -- tried up to 120. No value seems to make a difference. I would the PP to mount the NFS partition automatically upon reboot. It mounts fine when I manually execute the script to mount, but not when the same script is called from /opt/etc/init.d. What could be happening?