Installing Kernel.. lol

  • dssleech2003
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2013
      Thanks to Crosstool, I managed to get kernel 3.7.2 built for the NSLU2.
      Yeaaaaaaa

      ok, so I have my *.deb packages.. (I made headers too)
      I install them to the NSLU2.. reboot...
      uname -a still shows older kernel version 2.6.32-5-ixp4xx

      Doing some googling this morning I see there is a step that copies the kernel to flash / USB, or whatever it is.. Apex in in there somewhere, too.

      Anyway, I see the process happen.. That is, I can even run the command flash-kernel...

      Flashing kernel: <short delay...> done.
      Flashing initramfs: <long delay...> done.

      Doesn't that mean it worked?

      Why can't I do apt-get update, apt-get upgrade and get 3.7.x kernel like all the documentation says I can do? Am I missing a source?

      Thanks!!!!