error while loading shared libraries: libnsl.so.1

  • dara_mullally
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 18, 2013
      Hi

      I am having trouble starting NFS server on my Pogoplug. I get the following error messages when I enter /opt/etc/init.d/S56nfsd:

      /opt/sbin/rpc.nfsd: error while loading shared libraries: libnsl.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
      /opt/sbin/rpc.mountd: error while loading shared libraries: libnsl.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

      I have installed the package nfs-server. The file libnsl.so.1 is located in /opt/lib:

      -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 98394 Feb 14 2012 libnsl-2.5.so
      lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Jan 18 19:08 libnsl.so.1 -> libnsl-2.5.so
      lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Jan 18 19:08 libnsl.so -> libnsl-2.5.so

      Root's PATH is as follows: PATH=/opt/bin:/opt/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/opt/lib:/usr/local/lib

      Do I need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH for this to work?

      Any help much appreciated. By the way I am not an expert in Linux but I am familiar with some of the basics.

      Thanks
      Dara
    • oddballhero
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 18, 2013
        Yes, you need it. Also make sure you run portmap. See http://openpogo.tumblr.com/ . It shows you what you need to know.

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "dara_mullally" wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > I am having trouble starting NFS server on my Pogoplug. I get the following error messages when I enter /opt/etc/init.d/S56nfsd:
        >
        > /opt/sbin/rpc.nfsd: error while loading shared libraries: libnsl.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
        > /opt/sbin/rpc.mountd: error while loading shared libraries: libnsl.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
        >
        > I have installed the package nfs-server. The file libnsl.so.1 is located in /opt/lib:
        >
        > -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 98394 Feb 14 2012 libnsl-2.5.so
        > lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Jan 18 19:08 libnsl.so.1 -> libnsl-2.5.so
        > lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Jan 18 19:08 libnsl.so -> libnsl-2.5.so
        >
        > Root's PATH is as follows: PATH=/opt/bin:/opt/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/opt/lib:/usr/local/lib
        >
        > Do I need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH for this to work?
        >
        > Any help much appreciated. By the way I am not an expert in Linux but I am familiar with some of the basics.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Dara

      • dara_mullally
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 18, 2013
          Thanks, I will give that a go. I thought I read somewhere that ld_library_path was not needed for optware.

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "oddballhero" wrote:

          > Yes, you need it. Also make sure you run portmap. See http://openpogo.tumblr.com/ . It shows you what you need to know.
          >
          > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "dara_mullally" wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi
          > >
          > > I am having trouble starting NFS server on my Pogoplug. I get the following error messages when I enter /opt/etc/init.d/S56nfsd:
          > >
          > > /opt/sbin/rpc.nfsd: error while loading shared libraries: libnsl.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
          > > /opt/sbin/rpc.mountd: error while loading shared libraries: libnsl.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
          > >
          > > I have installed the package nfs-server. The file libnsl.so.1 is located in /opt/lib:
          > >
          > > -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 98394 Feb 14 2012 libnsl-2.5.so
          > > lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Jan 18 19:08 libnsl.so.1 -> libnsl-2.5.so
          > > lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Jan 18 19:08 libnsl.so -> libnsl-2.5.so
          > >
          > > Root's PATH is as follows: PATH=/opt/bin:/opt/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/opt/lib:/usr/local/lib
          > >
          > > Do I need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH for this to work?
          > >
          > > Any help much appreciated. By the way I am not an expert in Linux but I am familiar with some of the basics.
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > > Dara

        • oddballhero
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 18, 2013
            Depends on how the package was built. If it takes into account /opt/lib. You can always put a symbolic link in /usr/lib to the one in /opt/lib.