Re: WINS Server

  • quasi_quixotic
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2005
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "novistek" <daviskl@g...>
      wrote:

      > is it possible to use the NSlU2 as a wins server?

      I am also interested in the answer to this question.

      My understanding is that the firmware is a Linux core plus Samba2.

      So should be easy to do, probably just need to unsling the firmware
      and change one of the configuration files as indicated on the Samba
      web site. Has any reader of this message activated the built in
      Wins server??

      May also need to register a name for the slug in Wins.

      Perhaps this message thread would be better posted to the other
      group.