Re: [nslu2-general] rcS file not starting some applications

  • Anthony Takata
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 2013
      May have to specify full path to the binaries. Afaik, the init scripts
      don't set the PATH variable...

      On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 10:18 AM, adamant628 <adam.suhy@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > The other rcS thread reminded me to ask my question.
      >
      > I have the native pogoplug rcS call an rcS_opt.sh (which calls the
      > mount_optext2, etc.
      >
      > I also have the rcS_opt.sh call the launch files for sickbeard and
      > SABnzbd, as well as samba but when I reboot the pogoplug, neither sickbeard
      > nor SABnzbd are running when I go to log in (but SAMBA is!). If I manually
      > run rcS_opt.sh both sickbeard and SABnzbd both start successfully. Any
      > ideas? I've tried adding more delays but that hasn't seemed to help at all.

    • Adam Suhy
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 9, 2013
        Would that explain why running the same script manually would work?

      • Anthony Takata
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 9, 2013
          It might, since the shell isn't loaded for init scripts. I had similar
          issues getting a java-based program to launch other processes.
          If you'll notice, in the init scripts anything that isn't a part of the
          built-in commands has a full path specified to it.