Re: samba2 on pogoplug not accessible from mac

  • calguy2123
    Message 1 of 24 , Jan 5, 2013
      I was finally able to mount it via unfs3 + portmap! Though the shares are all readonly in Mac. The same volumes are editable on Pogoplug though...

      pogoplug#mount
      /tmp/.cemnt/sda1 on /tmp/.cemnt/mnt_sda1 type ufsd (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,nls=utf8,uid=0,gid=0,fmask=22,dmask=22,nocase,sparse,force)
      /tmp/.cemnt/sdb1 on /tmp/.cemnt/mnt_sdb1 type ext3 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,noatime,data=ordered)

      mac#showmount -e 192.168.1.5
      Export list for 192.168.1.5:
      /tmp/.cemnt/mnt_sda1 192.168.1.0/24
      /tmp/.cemnt/mnt_sdb1 192.168.1.0/24

      mac#mount
      192.168.1.5:/mnt on /Volumes/mnt (nfs, nodev, nosuid, mounted by as)

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Anthony Takata wrote:

      > NFS is completely different to Samba, but anything that can be accessed as
      > a directory can be exported in NFS.
      > On Jan 4, 2013 11:09 AM, "calguy2123" wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > I will try it tonight, but do you think Samba3 'will' work.. or is it
      > > still in trial and error stage.
      > >
      > > I see the pogoplug is mount NTFS drive as UFSD and is R/W accessible thru
      > > samba. Would NFS also be able share it?
      > >
      > > thanks!
      > >
      > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "oddballhero" wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Actually Samba2 has some volume space reporting errors so I usually
      > > suggest installing Samba3.X now. Seems to be working well with my plugs and
      > > slugs. See bottom of http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Plugadditionsto upgrade Samba2 to Samba3.

      > > 10.8 has little if any support for earlier versions of Samba. Apparently I
      > > upgraded both my servers and my Macs right past a whole load of trouble in
      > > this area so the only advice I can give is to upgrade Samba or use NFS as
      > > an alternative.

      > > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/nslu2-general/message/8806

      > > but I can't imagine that it would be too difficult to get Samba working.
      > > How exactly were you mounting the SMB shares in the past? Can you post your
      > > smb.conf?

    • Anthony Takata
      Message 2 of 24 , Jan 5, 2013
        Make sure user "ns" has write perms then and the mac mounts it rw.