CUPS

  • ted_to
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 26, 2005

      I've installed CUPS but can't seem to get to the web interface and XP
      does not allow me to install a network printer. Did I forget to do
      something? Any ideas?

      Ted
    • Inge B. Arnesen
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28, 2005
        NSLU: Is the server running (ps ax |grep cupsd)? Can you connect to the
        port locally using telnet (telnet localhost 631)? Also, looking in error
        logs is sometimes helpful.

        Whether XP lets you install network printers is probably not related to
        this? What happens if you try?

        best,

        -- Inge

        > Hi,
        >
        > I've installed CUPS but can't seem to get to the web interface and XP
        > does not allow me to install a network printer. Did I forget to do
        > something? Any ideas?
        >
        > Ted
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • ted_to
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 28, 2005
          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Inge B. Arnesen"
          <i.b.arnesen@f...> wrote:
          > NSLU: Is the server running (ps ax |grep cupsd)?

          # ps ax |grep cupsd
          605 root 628 S /opt/sbin/cupsd
          643 root 404 S grep cupsd

          So, yes, it is running.

          > Can you connect to the
          > port locally using telnet (telnet localhost 631)?

          I'm not sure exactly what it is that you're asking here. I'm a newbie
          but I assume by localhost you mean the NSLU2's IP address. When I
          type this command from my PuTTY window, it says I don't have telnet.
          When I type it from an XP command line it doesn't do anything, not
          even en error. If I hit <enter> it ends the telnet session.

          I assume that there is a package missing that I need to install before
          I can telnet when logged into the NSLU2.

          > Also, looking in error
          > logs is sometimes helpful.

          Nothing remarkable there.

          > Whether XP lets you install network printers is probably not related to
          > this? What happens if you try?

          It seems to have worked this time. But the web interface still does
          not seem to work -- I get a 403 forbidden error.

          > best,
          >
          > -- Inge
          >

          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I've installed CUPS but can't seem to get to the web interface and XP
          > > does not allow me to install a network printer. Did I forget to do
          > > something? Any ideas?
          > >
          > > Ted
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Inge Bjørnvall Arnesen
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
            > It seems to have worked this time. But the web interface
            > still does not seem to work -- I get a 403 forbidden
            > error.

            Check in /opt/etc/cups/cupsd.conf that the "Allow From"-lines covers the IP
            range where your client is located.

            best,

            -- Inge