Re: [nslu2-general] Is there an NSLU2 drive capacity limit?

  • Anthony Takata
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 16, 2012
      I have a 2 tb drive myself. It mostly depends on if you are going to
      natively format it or keep it in windows format. Performance may decrease
      with much higher drives due to file system caching perhaps, but the best
      thing to do is trial and error.
      On Nov 16, 2012 12:11 PM, "Mike" <diskcrasher@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > I haven't been able to find an answer to this simple question other than a
      > couple posts about someone using a 1.5TB drive. Does the NSLU2 have an
      > external drive capacity limit? I want to plug in a 2 or 3TB USB drive but
      > not sure if they'll work.
      >
      > Running Unslung 6.8.

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 16, 2012
        ext3 is fine for me. Was hoping I could just clone the existing drive over to a new (larger) one, expand the partition using parted running on a Linux box, and plug it back into the slug.

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Anthony Takata <htwiz2002@...> wrote:

        > I have a 2 tb drive myself. It mostly depends on if you are going to
        > natively format it or keep it in windows format. Performance may decrease
        > with much higher drives due to file system caching perhaps, but the best
        > thing to do is trial and error.
        > On Nov 16, 2012 12:11 PM, "Mike" <diskcrasher@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > I haven't been able to find an answer to this simple question other than a
        > > couple posts about someone using a 1.5TB drive. Does the NSLU2 have an
        > > external drive capacity limit? I want to plug in a 2 or 3TB USB drive but
        > > not sure if they'll work.
        > >
        > > Running Unslung 6.8.

      • Anthony Takata
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 16, 2012