Re: [nslu2-general] Re: Unslung

  • Tim Lewis
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 22, 2005
      windsurfingdude101 wrote:

      > I shall do the password stuff tomorrow. Hoping to use it as an ftp
      > server, bit cheaper than a buffalo diskstation. Thanks for your help
      > tom.

      May I make a suggestion? Set up SSH instead of FTP. You can
      use SSH to transfer files like you do with FTP (using SFTP), and it
      has a few advantages over FTP:

      1. It's encrypts the transfer.
      2. It's easier to set up than FTP on the NSLU2.
      3. It doesn't have the same issues with NAT as FTP.

      For an Explorer-like interface to SFTP, use WinSCP3:
      http://winscp.sourceforge.net

      For command line use, try PuTTY: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

      - Tim