vsftpd install on pogoplug

  • drrads
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2012
      Hello,
      I am a *nix noob. By that I mean an old slow to learn noob. I have successfully installed optware and samba package to my pogoplug V2 and V3, using the instructions provided on the nslu2 site. Thanks all for that.

      I am currently having a bear of a time trying to install vsftpd server as an optware package onto my pogoplugs. I have followed the two pages on the nslu2 site without success. I don't think the server is even on when I try to connect. I get server refused connection right away (using filezilla on a win7 laptop). I have no idea what is happening. I uninstalled it and want to start from new. Can anyone give me step by step directions? Please? When I say I am a noob, I mean I would need instructions to begin at the first step after ssh-ing into my pogoplug, i.e. at 'ipkg install vsftpd'.

      Thanks,