Re: [nslu2-general] Re: Trouble with Transmission.

  • Anthony Takata
    Message 1 of 48 , Sep 2, 2012
      No, the Xinetd deamon will be running if it's installed correctly, if you
      do "pidof xinetd" it should list at least one number (the PID). If you can
      get that far, then you can test if your configuration is correct by simply
      attempting to connect to the service (i.e. open an ftp connection to the
      host). If it's not working, you'll just receive a message stating that the
      connection was rejected.
      If you don't get a connection refused, then it's safe to assume that VSFTP
      would have taken the call and everything else is handled by that program.

    • Anthony Takata
      Message 48 of 48 , Sep 9, 2012
        Yes, its in the config files, by default I would assume it uses the Linux
        user list.