Re: [nslu2-general] Re: Trouble with Transmission.

  • Dennis van Paassen
    Message 1 of 48 , Aug 15, 2012
      Hello stigslim,

      I'm not really a linux guru, but if you type df in the command line you get
      a list of mounted devices one of them should be /swap or something like
      that.
      The reason it won't run without swap is that it uses a database of some
      sort and the slug or pogo hasn't got enough internal memory.

      Another thing I came up with. If linux isnshut down improperly linux might
      think the transmission daemon is already running because the pid file isn't
      removed. Where you can find tat file is depending on your distro. Google is
      your friend.

      Youncould also try and see if you can find the log files and see what is
      happening in there.

      This is what I should do if I had the same problem.

      And the mother of all problem solvers:
      Have you tried to turn it off and on again?

      Cheers
      Dennis
      Op 15 aug. 2012 00:58 schreef "stigslims" <stigslim@...> het volgende:

      > Without sounding stupid (swap partition is a new one on me) how would i
      > check it and mount if its not. Cheers
      >
      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Dennis van Paassen <dvpaassen@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > i think you should check if the swap partition is mounted
      > >
      > > Cheers,
      > > Dennis
      > > Op 15 aug. 2012 00:24 schreef "stigslims" <stigslim@...> het volgende:
      > >
      > > > Everything was running like clockwork untill a power cut knocked out my
      > > > plug.Re mounted the USB stick, started Samba (all OK) but when i came
      > > > start Transmission it seemed to go OK (no errors on the command to
      > start
      > > > it) but i cant seem to access it and if i killall transmission-daemon
      > i get
      > > > no process found. as i said all was fine untill the power cut and
      > > > everything else seems to work OK.Thanks in advanc for any help offered.

    • Anthony Takata
      Message 48 of 48 , Sep 9, 2012
        Yes, its in the config files, by default I would assume it uses the Linux
        user list.