Installing optware

  • npossokhov@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2012
      I can't seem get optware installed on my pogoplug. It's been a pain. For first I thought my problem was that I didn't partition my USB flash drive, so I used another tutorial to install mke2fs but I couldn't unzip it via SSH because it was giving me the error "-sh: unzip: not found". I don't know why. I searched on the internet everywhere. Can you please help me?
    • OddballHero
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2012
        The full install instructions are at http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Main/PlugComputers .
        Tips and links to install packages are at http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/PlugComputers .
        Read the warnings and remember, do this at your own risk.
        I don't know what installation tutorial you used so I can't help you much with the problems you mentioned (you need to put more information such as type/version of Plug, etc.) although it looks like you need to install the arm version of unzip.

        PS:  Bruce aka bturrie has another version of the instructions at https://turriebuntu.wordpress.com/pogoplugdockstar-pages/how-to-install-optware-on-a-pogoplug-from-oddballheros-post/ and some other guides.  He does a pretty good job cleaning up my stuff.  If you do not know Linux, I would not even try installing optware until you do learn.