Re: [nslu2-general] Adding "alias" command to shell

  • Mike Westerhof (mwester)
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9 10:11 AM
      You are probably using the default shell, which in order to save space
      is "ash". Install "bash" in the usual fashion, then invoke bash when
      you log in -- and you'll have at your disposal the "alias" command.
      -Mike (mwester)

      On 7/8/2012 7:50 AM, linksysslug wrote:
      > Hey,
      > While I'm still getting the hang of startup scripts, I thought I might as well just do stuff manually on every reboot. Unfortunately, the alias command doesn't appear to be installed, which makes this more of a chore than I'd like. Any way of adding this or is there a workaround? I just want to be able to SSH in, and type some simple commands to get privoxy running and kill some unneeded processes.
      >
      > I found mention of it on the wiki in some chat about uNSLUng 5.5 - was it removed since then?

    • linksysslug
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 14 6:11 AM
        Thanks. I found the following and it did the trick:

        http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware/Bash

        Ta.